Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

The next project... Fuji content

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-19, 02:02 PM
horatio 
Hump, what hump?

Bikes: See signature

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 145 Posts

Picked up this Fuji Touring V for a song, thanks to @hazetguy and a stuck seatpost. Lots of patina, but everything looks functional. I'll know better when I can get it in the stand. The saddle is shot, the stem is too short and the bars too narrow, but the size is just right. This is my first touring bike. It's going to be my gravel grinder, as soon as I'm able to work on it. At least I won't have to worry about ruining the finish!

Old 10-31-19, 02:24 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1744 Post(s)
Liked 1,370 Times in 719 Posts
These are really soft riding rigs. Bought mine new in 1986 and still have it, albeit on permanent display. Your Series V has had a lot of parts replaced, but it won't make a difference on the quality of the ride. If you plan on carrying panniers, replace the calipers with short arm calipers to give extra clearance with the panniers. That was the first thing I did with mine.

Enjoy the ride, as it really is wonderful.
Likes For TiHabanero:
Old 10-31-19, 05:54 PM
ryansu

Bikes: 2009 Handsome Devil, 1987 Trek 520 Cirrus, 1978 Motobecane Grand Touring, 1987 Nishiki Cresta GT, 1989 Specialized Allez Former bikes; 1986 Miyata Trail Runner, 1979 Miyata 912, 2011 VO Rando, 1999 Cannondale R800, 1986 Schwinn Passage

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked 522 Times in 367 Posts
The C&V touring rig is an alluring mistress, she won't let you go. I have done two 80s touring bike rebuilds, 86 Schwinn Passage and an 87 Nishiki Cresta GT and my third, a clunker challenge find, 87 Trek 520 will get the spa treatment this winter, so far I have upgraded the cockpit, saddle, pedals and tires to get just a bit more riding done before the gloom sets in....have fun OP

Last edited by ryansu; 10-31-19 at 06:06 PM.
Likes For ryansu: