Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Bicycle Times Adventurefest?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-16, 06:44 PM
springs

Bikes: Emonda SLR, Salsa Warbird carbon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I noticed the absence of this event in 2016. The Raystown Lake event in 2015 was fun so I was looking forward to more of them. Anyone know if it will continue in the future?
Old 11-03-16, 04:08 AM
AmFaeEmbra
NewKidInTown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Bicycle Times Adventure Fest - a three day road and mixed surface cycling festival.

We regret to inform you, dear reader, that we are canceling the fall 2016 Bicycle Times Adventure Fest. This is due to circumstances beyond our control, namely the last-minute loss of the event venue. Thank you to everyone who joined us for the inaugural event in 2015. We had a blast, and intend to bring this event back bigger, better and more funner than ever! Please stay tuned for 2017 Bicycle Times Adventure Fest and plan to join us next fall.
While you are waiting, sign up for our weekly email newsletter to stay up-to-date on all the latest and greatest everyday cycling news.
Old 11-03-16, 05:28 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by springs
I noticed the absence of this event in 2016. The Raystown Lake event in 2015 was fun so I was looking forward to more of them. Anyone know if it will continue in the future?
Originally Posted by AmFaeEmbra
Bicycle Times Adventure Fest - a three day road and mixedsurface cycling festival.

We regret to inform you, dear reader,that we are canceling the fall 2016 Bicycle Times Adventure Fest.This is due to circumstances beyond our control, namely the last-minute loss of the event venue. Thank you to everyone who joined us for the inaugural event in 2015. We had a blast, and intend to bring this event back bigger, better and more funner than ever!
Thanks for these posts. A group of Pre- and Post-Fifty-Plus cyclists, including miss kenton,The Mister (her husband), BluesDawg and myself attended the 2015 Adventurefest, and indeed had a blast. I myself drove over 500 miles to attend it as a self-described Fifty-Plus Forum Seventh Annual Ride.

FYA, follow the link to read our personal narratives. Sorry we didn’t meet up, @springs.
Originally Posted by springs
I rode the 70 mile mixed surface route on Saturday. Anyone else ride that? Very scenic, but some segments were very treacherous unless you were on a mountain bike. I was on a road bike with 28mmtires, but I made it.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 11-03-16 at 07:28 AM.