Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

E-Bike Vs Taxi - E-Bike Wins !

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-10, 12:32 PM
John Phoenix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Today I needed to go to Home Depo to get some clamps. Wal-Mart is right next door. They are 1.5 miles away. My wife needed to go grocery shopping. She called a Taxi. We left at the exact same time.. I kissed her "bye" as she got into the Taxi. We pulled away and took the same route.

I pulled up to Wal-Mart's doors and came to a stop and got off the bike. 15 seconds later the taxi pulls up. The drivers jaw hit the floor.

That was a Blast! I was only doing my 20 mile per hour limit with 36 volts. It was lightly raining so I didn't stop too long at the stop signs and red lights.. if I knew it was safe to cross, i'd power on through after stopping briefly. . Plus I had an interstate overpass to go over. I wasn't trying to beat the Taxi, I just wanted to get to Wal-Mart to get the bike out of the rain. After the first two legs of the trip, (turns) I did not even see the Taxi untill I was almost in Wal-Marts parking lot. I guess multiple stop lights are what caused me to overtake and pass him up.

The driver told me I should have put my wife on the bike and saved cab fare. LOL :-)
Old 10-28-10, 12:07 AM
bennery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, it's so great!
Old 10-28-10, 03:24 AM
SeizeTech

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
i had a similar experience. it takes me 1hr20min to bike to work. one day, i decided to use the light rail transit to get me home. I soon realized that it takes about the same amount of time on city transit.