Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Zertti bike?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Zertti bike?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-19, 09:27 PM
Yeti.Pegoretti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zertti bike?

@verktyg, have you ever heard of a Zertti bike? I picked one up last week and can't find any info on it.

Thanks
Old 12-12-19, 05:05 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3091 Post(s)
Liked 6,601 Times in 3,785 Posts
Post moved to it's own thread.
Old 12-12-19, 07:45 AM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
I probed around in Italian and Spanish to dig up some stuff. Here is some info:

"Then, in my first job as a humble delivery driver ... I saved and saved for months to buy at least one similar one .... in Bogotá they manufactured some ZERTTI-branded bicycles, which they sold at the "El Triusto" warehouse. 68 ... I chose a metallic blue with the same tone of [my] Gitane ... then I bought some NISI MONCALIERI wheels, and two black Wolber tubular ... then the Shimano 600 kit ... a luxury for the time .... the stem was Cinelli black point and the handlebar was the same ....... pedals with nickel-plated cages(?) and leather "Binda" straps. Finished with seat post for the MICHE saddle and the flirtatious detail of the yellow Bernard Hinault TURBO saddle like the one in the photo ... with the badger painted on the side and with the legend "Le bleireau" ... I put yellow BENOTTO tape bright as the original and they did not change me for anything ... I came every night ... I lay in bed and looked at her for hours like a [Guev?] ... for all the effort it took me was one of my bikes more Beloved ..... I adored her, it was a dream come true ... After this beauty ... I wanted to have a GIOS Torino ... I thought it was beautiful with the two white lines on the frame and the blue tone .... the flag of Italy ... I was commissioned to make a custom ZERTTI frame ... and I sent him to paint the same as the one in the photo ... identical parts and accessories to his predecessor ... I loved it too, with it I (???) very much as a 19 year old ....... once I took her to the neighborhood workshop to lube it ... thieves came through the roof at night and robbed me, I swear that night I felt like a groom where the bride leaves with another man ... I felt violent .. ... the head mechanic was called Mr. Virgüez ... I still remember ... deathly grieved, I replaced the bike for another with a size 48 frame that looked like it was for a small child ........ but it served me well while I saved and headed for my next project ... [I?] loved from start to finish ... a Gios Super Record"

Translated from: Los amores del primero al último...