Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Rehearsal phot of Lance and Sheryl for SNL

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Rehearsal phot of Lance and Sheryl for SNL

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-05, 11:18 PM
alxra
I hate hate crimes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
So what makes this author's views dogma?.
You have a point. Although dogma is probably a poor choice of words. But his 3 months around the cycling business gets you closer than the knowledge you gain from a 20 minute segment on 60 minutes. Come on though, she's just not "all that," so to speak. And Armstrong is like a rock star right now. He's already spent a big part of life in "love". Have a little fun. What's the hurry? Plus, she's a mouth-breather. I mean, close your mouth and breath through your nose once in a while woman!
Old 10-31-05, 03:15 AM
Daily Commute
Ride the Road

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check; hard tail MTB

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2manybikes
Well he's better at both than I am.

I don't think he can act "well" but he can do some of the basic things you need to do to be on that show.
Just the bare minimum. Maybe I am so impressed by what he can do on a bike that's in the back of my mind.

He's not good for an actor, but I think he's a good actor for a bike racer. Kinda..
Maybe it was just fun to watch the gram-counting perfectionist do something so horribly. The show did bring him back to earth a bit, which is probably why he chose to do it.

Now I know that Armstrong and I have the same skill level at something--acting.
Old 10-31-05, 06:58 AM
va_cyclist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I watched the show on tape Sunday night. It was just OK. The opening monologue was flat, the Indigo Girls sketch was poorly written, and the "Carol" bit was just embarassing (for Horatio Sanz), although it was sort of funny to see how tiny Lance looked, or how huge Horatio looked, when they were together. How freakin' big is Horatio Sanz anyway? He looked like a linebacker in that scene. I thought the bit where Lance wrote and performed the song with his gardeners for Sheryl was kind of funny. Sheryl's first song was sort of boring, but I kept thinking it would be a good song for the Black Crowes to perform.
Old 10-31-05, 07:56 AM
galen_52657
Banned.

Bikes: 2001 Look KG 241, 1989 Specialized Stump Jumper Comp, 1986 Gatane Performanc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It had to be the one of the worst SNL's in history. Only the 'news' bit was halfway funny
Old 10-31-05, 09:25 AM
mellowdave
Красный Октябрь

Bikes: Kona Major Jake - CX/Gravel Kona Jake The Snake - Commuter, Pinarello Galileo - RoadieAF, Niner Air 9 - HT MTB.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakey
Sheryl is hot, and when was the last time SNL didn't suck? Even with a good host it is still an awful show. My parents always talked about how SNL was funnier back in the Belusi days and stuff.... Now when I watch it, all I can think of are the episodes with Dana Carvey and Mike Meyers etc etc...

Old 10-31-05, 10:19 AM
H20.1

Bikes: Bianchi, Olmo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sincitycycler
She's a cool hippie chick, but she cannot sing. We had a chick singer in a metal band I used to play in that blows her away.

Want an awesome female rock vocalist?

Ann Wilson of Heart in her babe days(1970's) before all of the pizza. Aka, the "Female Robert Plant"
Im no SC fan but to say she cant sing? Who cares. She does pop/rock. Bob Dylan couldnt sing, Robert Plant couldnt sing (to my ears) etc. Rock has never been about classical voice or instrument training. I realize SC doesnt really play rock per se, but the rules apply.

If the voice works for the music and the songwriting is decent, whats the problem?
Old 10-31-05, 10:20 AM
v1nce

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
One the one hand i think people shouldn't go out there and be horrid at something for millions to see, if you are not an actor don't try to be on a huge show that was once great.

But on the other hand, they probably had fun and it is brave to do something like that when you know it may well bomb completely.

As a side note that apperance would probably come back to haunt Lance if ever he did once again get the ambition to go into politics. The mudslingers could probably spin it very well. Him not going into politics is probably not a bad thing anyway. I really like Lance (as far as you can like anyone you have never met) and respect his nearly superhuman accomplishments, but i shudder to think what would happen if he went into politics. He is friends with Bush after all....

Ronald Reagan and Arnie are 2-celebs-turned-evil-politicians- more than the world needs already.
Old 10-31-05, 10:24 AM
puddin' legs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=v1nce] He is friends with Bush after all....

QUOTE]

...and Kerry. Imagine that, a world where people with different political ideas might actually talk to each other.
Old 10-31-05, 10:25 AM
timmhaan
more ape than man

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
it was what it was. no more no less.
Old 10-31-05, 10:34 AM
jimbud

Bikes: Colnago Dream, Kestrel Evoke, Giant XTC Hardtail

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I got a feeling you guys are writing Lance off as a Republican just because he knows Bush. If you've herd him speak about his views on the world he comes acrossed with some what liberal ideas. I'm sure his girl friend has had an effect on his political views.
Old 10-31-05, 10:54 AM
allgoo19
Deported by koffee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I saw the part of it.

I didn't think it was a good show but not because of Lance. Material they used seemed quite predictable. With the right script, he can be much funnier.

I don't watch SNL that often like I used to and I think it used to be better. It's a shame because some of the casts have good potential. I like the news casting lady but I don't know her name.

Edit: My gosh! I posted this message before I looked at everybody else's message, and everybody is saying the same thing. Should I be glad or disappointed?

Last edited by allgoo19; 10-31-05 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-31-05, 11:10 AM
allgoo19
Deported by koffee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimbud
I got a feeling you guys are writing Lance off as a Republican just because he knows Bush. If you've herd him speak about his views on the world he comes acrossed with some what liberal ideas. I'm sure his girl friend has had an effect on his political views.
I agree with that. But he was that way, way before he met Sheryl. I think it was more like they hit it off because they share many of their ideas.
Old 10-31-05, 11:55 AM
Totoro
King of the Forest

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by H20.1
Im no SC fan but to say she cant sing? Who cares. She does pop/rock. Bob Dylan couldnt sing, Robert Plant couldnt sing (to my ears) etc. Rock has never been about classical voice or instrument training. I realize SC doesnt really play rock per se, but the rules apply.

If the voice works for the music and the songwriting is decent, whats the problem?
Agreed. And Johnny Cash had the worst voice in history, but he was still bloody awesome!

BTW: Here's the "hot" picture!
Old 10-31-05, 12:53 PM
v1nce

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sure that's a valid comment you make, about Kerry. But i knew he was friends with Kerry too and that he is sort off liberal/critical of Irak war. But that wasn't really the point. My point was that Lance seems to be a bit of a fence sitter when it comes to his politics. There is nothing wrong with that mind you. But, I do think anyone that can befriend Bush is rather naieve or ignorant, IMO bush is dangerous at least, possibly even evil.
But again i do like Lance and i would think it a pity that someone like him (deserving of respect) would go into the snake pit known as politics and most likely corrupt himself totally. So in, no,.. i don't think he is a red-neck Yahoo reactionary. But Yes, i would hate to see him take any steps that would likely lead him to become more "Republican" for a lack of a better word.
Old 10-31-05, 02:23 PM
Floorit
I ride to stay fit

Bikes: 2001 Trek 5200

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mellowdave
Yea I quit watching SNL shortly after the not ready for prime time players all left. I watched this weekend just to see how Lance would do. I guess he did OK, can't say I was that impressed but he his first and formost a cyclist and not an actor.

One thing I did noticed is that when they were doing the introductions, I counted like 15 or 16 regulars on the show. Back when SNL was at its peck I think they had 7 or 8. I guess it takes a lot more to replace the ones they've lost. The sad thing is even with that big of a cast its still not very funny.
Old 10-31-05, 03:38 PM
DocRay

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I saw SNL saturday...stinko. Crap writing.
They need to hire more Canadians to get it back to where it was.

Old 10-31-05, 05:28 PM
allgoo19
Deported by koffee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Totoro
BTW: Here's the "hot" picture!
Great photoshop work, Totoro.

But you are not allowed to do that in here, at least according to koffee.
Old 10-31-05, 05:57 PM
DXchulo
Upgrading my engine

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Careful, she'll close the thread if you make fun of her. She can't outwit you, so she'll outpower you.
Old 10-31-05, 06:23 PM
BigBill33

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
Sheryl is very unique in the fact that she goes from hot to not hot just about every other time I see her on tv or in magazines. IN that pic she looks sort of hot again. I think she is secretly sort of dirty and nasty so that helps but is she really hot?

Here she is hot. Or is it just the bike?

Sheryl is hot. Period. End of story!

But it is more about her than just her body. Her smile, her intellect, everything about her is hot!

Bill
Old 10-31-05, 08:21 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11967 Post(s)
Liked 6,635 Times in 3,479 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBill33
Sheryl is hot. Period. End of story!

But it is more about her than just her body. Her smile, her intellect, everything about her is hot!

Bill
I couldn't have said it better myself, namesake.
Old 10-31-05, 11:02 PM
budster
beginner

Bikes: Trek 800, Gary Fisher Advance, Trek 2300 Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Totoro
Here's the "hot" picture!
I think Sheryl is pretty hot, but even if you had to take her out, why'd you have to take out that sweet bike?
Old 11-01-05, 08:08 PM
allgoo19
Deported by koffee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DXchulo
Careful, she'll close the thread if you make fun of her. She can't outwit you, so she'll outpower you.
I thought nobody paid attention.

koffee and I get along quite well. Actually koffee likes me so much.

Women love problematic guys(often called A.H.).

When women say things like..

* "(name), you are trouble maker."
* "Oh (name), you are aweful."
* "(name), you are worse than my(younger) brother."

It means more than it sounds, specially when it's accompanied by a hint of smile.
You are half way there.