Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Voler...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-20, 11:00 AM
bmcer

Bikes: Full campy Record EPS BMC Team Machine slr01, Canyon CF SL 8.0 Endurance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 66 Posts
Voler...

Anyone had any experience with ordering cycling kit from Voler? I know their products are well made, but their billing department seems unable to do their job properly. So far, they've made the same mistake 2 times in a row. So, much as I like their gear, I've given up on them.
Old 04-14-20, 11:07 AM
mihlbach

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by bmcer
Anyone had any experience with ordering cycling kit from Voler? I know their products are well made, but their billing department seems unable to do their job properly. So far, they've made the same mistake 2 times in a row. So, much as I like their gear, I've given up on them.
I've ordered several things from them over the years. Never had a problem.
Old 04-14-20, 11:19 AM
bmcer

I'm thinking the apparent screw ups are due to their covid-19 precautions. Fecal material occurs. No biggy. Thing is, the weather where I live is finally inviting me out onto the road, but I'd like some updated kit before I'm seen in public. No worries. They're hardly the only vendor available to me.
Old 04-14-20, 11:35 AM
02Giant 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 495 Posts
I have ordered from them several times without any issues.
Old 04-14-20, 02:24 PM
Tacoenthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 223 Times in 84 Posts
I order from them just to get the free candy
Old 04-14-20, 02:28 PM
drlogik 

Bikes: '87-ish Pinarello Montello; '89 Nishiki Ariel; '85 Raleigh Wyoming, '16 Wabi Special, '16 Wabi Classic, '14 Kona Cinder Cone

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 255 Posts
I've ordered from them many times without issue. Maybe you had an inexperienced person filling the orders. I'd call them back and tell them you love their product but can't understand how the orders got messed up. Be nice and you might get a good response.
Old 04-14-20, 02:31 PM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by bmcer
I just received a club fit mystery jersey at a deeply discounted price. No problems at all dealing with them.

The one they sent me is orange, which isn't my favorite, but I got a $75 or $80 jersey for $30, so I guess I can't complain. Fit is nice. Snug, but not too tight. Quality looks pretty good. Maybe a tad better than the Primal, and Bontrager Jerseys I usually wear, but hard to say until I actually ride with it a few times. Can't wait to actually wear it. (35 degrees and windy here today. Maybe by next week things will warm up a bit.
Old 04-14-20, 05:03 PM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by MRT2

The one they sent me is orange, which isn't my favorite, but I got a $75 or $80 jersey for $30, so I guess I can't complain. Fit is nice. Snug, but not too tight. Quality looks pretty good. Maybe a tad better than the Primal, and Bontrager Jerseys I usually wear, but hard to say until I actually ride with it a few times. Can't wait to actually wear it. (35 degrees and windy here today. Maybe by next week things will warm up a bit.
They make nice race fit thermal jerseys too, apart from the pockets being a little undersized.
Old 04-14-20, 06:39 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 818 Times in 421 Posts
One of my favorite vendors. Every time I'm up that way, I stop in the outlet store, never come out empty handed. I also order online, never had an issue, even with returns or exchanges.
Old 04-14-20, 06:59 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18415 Post(s)
Liked 15,539 Times in 7,329 Posts
Good to know they still make good stuff. I had a their arm and leg warmers for more than a decade. Logged 10,000 loaded touring miles carrying them in the first two years alone. I may still have them in a drawer.
Old 04-15-20, 10:18 AM
bmcer

Good to know that others have had a better experience with them than I have. That makes me think the issues I ran into are a fluke. Maybe I'll try them again once the pandemic settle down. Meantime, I did find some things from Capo that I like at Amazon that'll be delivered tomorrow.
Old 04-15-20, 01:02 PM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2604 Post(s)
Liked 1,933 Times in 1,213 Posts
No problems ordering over several years, but I found other suppliers when they started following the "thicker pad is better" trend. If I wanted a sponge in my shorts soaking up lots of sweat and then cutting loose with streams of squeezed-out sweat . . .
Old 04-17-20, 12:31 PM
Cypress
Globo Gym lifetime member

Bikes: Fast ones

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked 614 Times in 306 Posts
My only gripe with them is their sizing. I've always been a medium in bibshorts (5'10" 152 lbs), but Voler mediums make me look like a burst biscuit can and are overly restrictive to my danglefruit.
Old 04-18-20, 09:47 AM
bmcer

Originally Posted by Cypress
My only gripe with them is their sizing. I've always been a medium in bibshorts (5'10" 152 lbs), but Voler mediums make me look like a burst biscuit can and are overly restrictive to my danglefruit.
After some back and forth with their billing department, I did manage to get a set of bibs paid for and delivered. Unfortunately, I ran into the same sizing issue you refer to. On the phone again to see about returning the item and replacing it with the next larger size. I was told the fastest way to do that was to just place another order for the appropriate size while waiting for the RMA on the first pair. Which I did. The order appeared to go thru just fine.However, 24 hours later I get an email from them saying my card was declined. AGAIN!!! The card is fullt funded, and my bank tells me they can't even se an attempt from Voler to bill it. This is a repeat of what happened with the original order as well. Just a little too much hassle for one lousy bib, so I canceled the whole bloody mess and went elsewhere. Just so we're clear, everyone I spoke to at Voler was polite and tried to be helpful, but I think they're just dealing with pandemic related staffing issues or something.

In any case, I located an equally well made set of bibs from another vendor who was able to deliver a correctly sized garment in 2 days. So it's all good.