Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

What's the point of Women-only Zwift Group Rides or Workouts?

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

What's the point of Women-only Zwift Group Rides or Workouts?

Old 05-21-20, 08:27 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4728 Post(s)
Liked 1,530 Times in 1,001 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmc530
So I do get this.

Back last year maybe when I was ride on hunting to get my 100 ride on badge it was suggested to change my sex from male to female. so I did simply that. I also abbreviated my first name so it wasn't weird and obvious. I never rode a race or group ride or anything I just rode. I tell you what in about 3 rides I had the 100 ride on badge and my friend follow request probably went up 5X. No joke they troll the ladies on there like everyplace else. I was a bit shocked though I don't know why but on Zwift I though it wouldn't be like that. It so was. I got my badge and switched back to male. I had probably 40-60 max ride on hits before this but I was in 3 digits in about 3 days.

You can't do this anymore because you cant change sex on the game after you sign up. I can see why people would though, my wife would ride from time to time and share my account. Granted she still rides maybe 10-20 miles a month when I am on Zwift but not nearly enough for her to get her own account.

So I do understand the all ladies group rides.
Wow.. there are some odd ducks out there it seems. I guess in light of stories like this it makes sense.

Originally Posted by unterhausen
the very fact that someone is asking the question actually answers the question. They don't want your company. Seems easy enough to understand. To be a woman online is a constant flood of unwanted advances and private messages. It has to be a relief to get away from that occasionally.

I am pretty sure you can just start your own event. So far I have only done one group ride, with randonneurs. It's fun. There is a setting where you all stay together, which is nice unless the intention is to have a drop-fest. Which also could be fun. One advantage to group rides is that the leader can use a location that's not on the general list, so there aren't many people on the route.
Yeah, I guess I'm surprised to hear this kinda cr@p goes on on a global platform. Maybe already exists (haven't checked) but this stuff seems to beg Zwift to add in privacy controls (eg. locking out private messages?) or bad behavior reporting.
Old 01-05-22, 01:59 AM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts
Is there a simple way to only do female group rides? I tried searching on google and brought me to this thread. ha-ha

The closet I found was this
https://www.zwift.com/news/25496-womens-community-rides

but those are very specific time slots.

How does a women just go for a ride when ever she wants with just other women? Then she can compare apples to apples. Fit women tend have a good power to KG ratio for going up hill but they still get killed on the flats and downhill.

In the case of my gf she is so tiny zwift makes her taller and heavier than she is in real life.
Old 01-05-22, 06:38 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4728 Post(s)
Liked 1,530 Times in 1,001 Posts
Originally Posted by sean.hwy
Is there a simple way to only do female group rides? I tried searching on google and brought me to this thread. ha-ha

The closet I found was this
https://www.zwift.com/news/25496-womens-community-rides

but those are very specific time slots.

How does a women just go for a ride when ever she wants with just other women? Then she can compare apples to apples. Fit women tend have a good power to KG ratio for going up hill but they still get killed on the flats and downhill.

In the case of my gf she is so tiny zwift makes her taller and heavier than she is in real life.
The easiest way to find an upcoming Zwift event for women only is to go to the below link, use the filters, and 'more filters' to select "Cycling", and in the Rules section select "Ladies Only". ZWIFTHACKS EVENTS

Otherwise, Zwift "Meetups" function would work, but then the organizing of the ride is in your hands -- basically a private ride you setup and invite who you want.
Likes For Sy Reene:
Old 01-05-22, 07:08 AM
fujidon

Bikes: Fuji Pro, Raleigh Team, touring bike, hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by mackgoo
Why not go for a ride rather than banter this about?
Why participate if you think the conversation is pointless?
Old 01-05-22, 01:21 PM
sarhog

Bikes: GR300, Grail, Live Wire, 5010

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by fujidon
Ha! Nothing like a quick retort!!
Old 01-05-22, 01:34 PM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
The easiest way to find an upcoming Zwift event for women only is to go to the below link, use the filters, and 'more filters' to select "Cycling", and in the Rules section select "Ladies Only". ZWIFTHACKS EVENTS

Otherwise, Zwift "Meetups" function would work, but then the organizing of the ride is in your hands -- basically a private ride you setup and invite who you want.
Thank you. I will book mark and fwd to the gf.
Old 01-05-22, 01:42 PM
prj71

Quoted: 2970 Post(s)
Liked 1,177 Times in 768 Posts
Originally Posted by fujidon
This thread is pointless.

Just sayin'
Old 01-05-22, 05:33 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10392 Post(s)
Liked 11,842 Times in 6,062 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
This thread is pointless.

Just sayin'
Well, that certainly makes it different from all the other threads on BF.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 01-07-22, 07:32 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4381 Post(s)
Liked 4,816 Times in 2,976 Posts
Cycling is such a male dominated sport that I can imagine some women just feel more comfortable riding in a women's only group. Might also make it a bit easier for them to chat and make friends through those rides without all the dudes butting in. It's not really something I've given any time to thinking about before.