Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Price Hike At Zwift

Old 08-06-20, 06:06 PM
colnago62

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 230 Posts
Price Hike At Zwift

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/08/...es-latest.html
Old 08-07-20, 01:23 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked 1,170 Times in 682 Posts
just saw this early this morning. don't think anything is confirmed but won't be surprised by the time the summer riding season ends and the zwift season starts.

i think if they up the price in a forcible way i may just not re-subscribe again. at least up the price with no additional features that i would use. if a new level is offered that is the same as when i stopped earlier in the year and at the same price then i will be back.

-scott
Old 08-10-20, 07:18 AM
dmanthree

Bikes: Garmin/Tacx Bike Smart

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 191 Posts
For me it depends on how the price hike is implemented. Would they charge per use? Makes no sense for me, who uses it a few months per year to pay as much as someone who uses it 12. Family plans? How much of an increase?

It looks like they did float something with some nonsense numbers, but who knows what the reality is?
Old 08-10-20, 08:59 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4196 Post(s)
Liked 2,911 Times in 1,780 Posts
I'd rather they just add a fee for a second (and third?) sport rather than have me keep subsidizing them. I only ride, so why should I pay for running (and soon to be rowing). Also, I'm against paying anything extra until they fix the terrible user interface.
Old 08-10-20, 11:08 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,664 Times in 2,497 Posts
they were floating a cheaper option. I would be really tempted to do that, but I do like group rides. The rest of it they can keep. Not having the companion app in the cheap option seems like it's just being mean though. They should move that functionality into their app.