Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

"Executive Folding Bike", anyone know anything about this bike?

Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Old 01-20-11, 12:28 PM
amckimmey

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A guy I work with owns this bike. I was thinking about buying it from him. but I have no clue if this bike is even worth it. It's all in pretty decent condition. I don't know how the bike folds down really( if it does it ok or if somethings are a little rusted/seized up. And I can't really find any other bikes online that even look like this one.

All it really says on it is the Executive badge. I figure someone might be able to identify the frame style and know if there are other branding of this bike. It's a single speed coaster brake, with a front hand brake, The chrome fenders are in pretty good condition.

Anything would be helpful

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1226101749a.jpg (97.8 KB, 163 views)
1226101749.jpg (96.8 KB, 145 views)
1226101750a.jpg (91.7 KB, 141 views)
1226101750.jpg (97.8 KB, 142 views)
Old 01-20-11, 12:59 PM
alecw35

Bikes: Many

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
looks like a European folder bike from the 1970s or 80s.
probably has 20X175 406 erto tyres. but it'll have narrow forks. so will be tricky if you want to fit alloys from a kids bike to it. Or wider tyres.
the rear end will be able to accept an old Strumley archer 3 speed. If you want gears. but newer hubs with more gears may be a bit to wide for the frame.
the cottered cranks might be on a Thomson bottom bracket. a lot of european bikes of this type had them. Bit more tricky to track replacements down. I did have a polish bike with thomson bb and cotterless cranks. so it is possible to get different style of cranks on there.
Having said all that. I would ride it as is. Well Id turn the bars round. so the front brake cable wasnt fitting the frame. And Id play with the rear tyre. I see the valve stems at an angle. This may show its been riden with soft tyres and the tyres crept round the rim. If left. the valve stem may get abraded. either causing a puncture. or even cutting the stem off.
Tyres should be around 40psi. maybe a little less as the tyres might be a bit cracked from being old
Old 08-16-20, 09:44 PM
Babyhuey

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Executive bike

Originally Posted by amckimmey
A guy I work with owns this bike. I was thinking about buying it from him. but I have no clue if this bike is even worth it. It's all in pretty decent condition. I don't know how the bike folds down really( if it does it ok or if somethings are a little rusted/seized up. And I can't really find any other bikes online that even look like this one.

All it really says on it is the Executive badge. I figure someone might be able to identify the frame style and know if there are other branding of this bike. It's a single speed coaster brake, with a front hand brake, The chrome fenders are in pretty good condition.

Anything would be helpful

Attachment 186820
Attachment 186821
Attachment 186822
Attachment 186823
Hi I have the same bike but mine is yellow. Also wondering how old they are and Worth. Pull the pin in the middle to fold up. Mine is rusty but I dont mind, it adds to its appeal. If you get or I do any more info on these bikes let me know and I will let you know too.
Old 08-17-20, 08:07 AM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
1970s "U" framed folders were built by many companies under many different names in different European countries. Generally not worth a lot and most would sell for less than $100 and being a collector of folders I have never paid more than $50 for one. Many times less depending on condition. Roger