Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Liking posts

Old 04-25-19, 06:06 PM
KrowNB

Bikes: 2018 Diadaro Navoro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Liking posts

New to the Forum. I see many people have X number of posts "liked". I'm wondering how you like a post without replying to it.
Likes For KrowNB:
Old 04-26-19, 08:37 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by KrowNB
New to the Forum. I see many people have X number of posts "liked". I'm wondering how you like a post without replying to it.
Hi KrowNB and welcome!

The like option is on the bottom right of the post!

Old 04-26-19, 09:31 AM
KrowNB

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks IBRyan. I couldn't quote you because (apparently) there is an image in your reply and I get an error from the Forum saying I can't post images until I have 10 posts. When I tried to reply earlier this am, I was given a Forum message saying I could only post 5 msgs in a24 hr period.

Seems the Like option is available when I access the Forum via Firefox from my laptop. But when I'm using Firefox on my android tablet, the Like option isn't there. Don't know if this is because I'm new.
Old 04-26-19, 02:48 PM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Thanks IBRyan. I couldn't quote you because (apparently) there is an image in your reply and I get an error from the Forum saying I can't post images until I have 10 posts. When I tried to reply earlier this am, I was given a Forum message saying I could only post 5 msgs in a24 hr period.

Seems the Like option is available when I access the Forum via Firefox from my laptop. But when I'm using Firefox on my android tablet, the Like option isn't there. Don't know if this is because I'm new.
Hi KrowNB,

Yes, that is to protect our community from spammers that come in and cause havoc but it looks like you are already on your way to 10 posts!

I don't think that should be a problem whether or not you are new (in regards to likes on your android tablet). Would you mind sending me a screenshot of what it looks like for you please?
Old 04-26-19, 04:32 PM
KrowNB

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IBRyan
Hi KrowNB,

Yes, that is to protect our community from spammers that come in and cause havoc but it looks like you are already on your way to 10 posts!

I don't think that should be a problem whether or not you are new (in regards to likes on your android tablet). Would you mind sending me a screenshot of what it looks like for you please?
I took screenshots of your last message with Firefox mobile and then again in Firefox Desktop mode on my tablet. However because I have less than 10 messages it won't let me send them to you. Neither can I post them here apparently.

BTW, on my android phone (Samsung S7) in Firefox both mobile and desktop mode give me just one option: Reply. No Quote, Multi, Like.
Old 04-26-19, 04:51 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18320 Post(s)
Liked 4,489 Times in 3,338 Posts
I know some people were asking for the feature.

I don't believe it ads anything to the forum.

There are some services that have essentially stand-alone answers, then use the "likes" to sort the answers, best to worst. But, this forum has more of chronological answers, so that would make a mess of things.
Old 04-27-19, 01:58 PM
KrowNB

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IBRyan
Hi KrowNB,

<SNIP>Would you mind sending me a screenshot of what it looks like for you please?
I think I have my required 10 posts in now, LOL. I tried to send these screenshots via PM but I couldn't find a way to attach a file, just a URL You will see that the "Mobile" and "Desktop" versions of Firefox running on an Android tablet have different reply options.

Old 04-29-19, 10:20 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

@KrowNB I will look into this with tech!
Likes For IBRyan:
Old 04-29-19, 10:50 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

@KrowNB I spoke with tech and they are currently working on the like options for the mobile skin!
Likes For IBRyan:
Old 05-04-19, 02:18 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
I'm just disappointed when I get the number next to the bell icon and it's just a like, not a PM. I get the feeling it's Def Comedy Jam and that's the applause sometimes.
Old 05-04-19, 10:08 AM
KrowNB

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rollfast
I'm just disappointed when I get the number next to the bell icon and it's just a like, not a PM. I get the feeling it's Def Comedy Jam and that's the applause sometimes.
Sometimes people don't have much to add but want to show their appreciation for the assistance you've given or information you've supplied. If a person gets a few 'Likes' at least they know that.
Likes For KrowNB:
Old 05-05-19, 04:25 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Sometimes people don't have much to add but want to show their appreciation for the assistance you've given or information you've supplied. If a person gets a few 'Likes' at least they know that.
I've LIKED about four posts since the feature was introduced. Sometimes I follow with a reply explaining my commendation.

Is there a way to see how many LIKES have been given and received by a subscriber?

PS:
Originally Posted by Rollfast
I just found the bell icon telling me how many of my posts were LIKED, but not how many LIKES I specifically gave. Then I found the link under my name: Likes: #, as well as Liked # Times in # Posts. Also I sometimes reply to a LIKE to one of my posts, to acknowledge, FWIW.

If I LIKE a post because it is witty, I assume the writer knows I got the joke. e.g.
Originally Posted by indyfabz
+1. I didn't see anyone during this 25 mile MUP ride that started pre-dawn. I did, however, see a giant porcupine. He wasn't on a leash and didn't wave.
Originally Posted by livedarklions
If I'm on a MUP before 8 a.m. on the weekends pretty much anywhere, there's sparse traffic on it. Before 7 a.m., just a very few joggers and cyclists, and virtually no one dawdling.

Had a porcupine and a couple of deer encounters on a MUP last fall. All quite pleasant, but they did seem confused when I told them I'd be passing on the left.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 05-05-19 at 05:17 AM. Reason: added PS
Likes For Jim from Boston: