Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Look KG identification.

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Look KG identification.

Old 01-16-20, 10:42 AM
LukeW78

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Look KG identification.

Can anyone point to a web resource or somewhere in the forums where the differences between the KG frames are detailed well? I just picked up a Look KG that had been stripped of all decals and identification and repainted, and at the moment I am still trying to determine what frame I bought! I'd like to do a clean build of it with new decals etc... if I could only identify it.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Old 01-16-20, 01:39 PM
RiceAWay

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 81 Posts
Post a picture of it.
Old 01-17-20, 08:42 AM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1792 Post(s)
Liked 1,671 Times in 955 Posts
The KG is a prefix to the actual model name which is a number. I used to own a KG381 which was only one of many frame models which started with KG and finished with some other 3 digit number. My KG381 is a frame built with shaped carbon fibre tubes bonded into aluminum lugs. The KG386 frame model sold at about the same time was a monocoque carbon fiber frame. There were numerous other Look frames over the years that shared the KG prefix
Old 01-17-20, 09:49 AM
Cypress
Globo Gym lifetime member

Bikes: Fast ones

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked 614 Times in 306 Posts
Please post a picture. I rode a few LOOK's back in the day.
Old 01-17-20, 12:27 PM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 65 Posts
Same here. Pic taken January 2005:

Likes For joejack951:
Old 01-17-20, 12:45 PM
LukeW78

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorted! Figured it out... It started life as a 2011 Yellow KG281 ... so sad it was trashed so badly, but getting the carbon looked over for damage before beginning the long road of restoration. Here's the pic I had to work from... until I picked it up. Will probably start a "road to recovery" thread for anyone who wants to follow (or provide tips/advice). Oh and hopefully I don't run into haters here (another forum decided I was supporting bike thievery!), but this was rescued from the orphanage of a police auction. I'm sure it was likely stolen at some point and if the owner comes forward it is theirs! That being said... Register your bike serial numbers with the police! It's the only way they can get it back to you if recovered. I have had a dearly loved child of the two wheeled variety kidnapped by ne'r-do-wells myself in the past, and hope someone rescues it and restores it to a happy healthy life.

Weird... won't let me upload the picture as a file attachment and when it puts it directly into the message it rejects my reply saying that until I have 10 posts I can't have hyperlinks.