Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Continental Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-20, 10:43 PM
Chris!

Bikes: Jamis renegade, surly big dummy, giant talon 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 22 Posts
Continental Tires

Anyone use the Continental Terra Speed tires? I really love continental tires and am excited to see these. Any ride em?
Old 01-27-20, 11:09 AM
Rides4Beer

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts
Yup, have them on my Giant Revolt, they've been great. Very fast for a 40mm gravel tire. Durability remains to be seen, but no issues so far.

I also put a set of Terra Trails on my other wheelset, they're a lil slower due to the larger tread, but still fast, should be good for loose/muddy conditions. The Speeds will most likely be my go-to for most of the gravel riding I do.

Old 01-27-20, 07:58 PM
Chris!

Bikes: Jamis renegade, surly big dummy, giant talon 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 22 Posts
Nice, thanks. You running them tubeless?
Old 01-27-20, 09:23 PM
u235

Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Rides4Beer
Yup, have them on my Giant Revolt, they've been great. Very fast for a 40mm gravel tire. Durability remains to be seen, but no issues so far.

I also put a set of Terra Trails on my other wheelset, they're a lil slower due to the larger tread, but still fast, should be good for loose/muddy conditions. The Speeds will most likely be my go-to for most of the gravel riding I do.

Can you give any first hand pro/cons compared to others in the 38-42 range you have tried? I too am always in search of all purpose tires in this range. I swap between a Hutchinson Overide 38, Conti SpeedRide 42 and a Riddler 45 depending on the overall terrain. The Terra might be a good compromise between the last two.
Old 01-28-20, 08:25 AM
Rides4Beer

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris!
Nice, thanks. You running them tubeless?
Yup, tubeless. I've had them down to 37/47psi with no issues (I'm 185lbs). Haven't hit the really chunky stuff yet to see if I need to drop them a lil lower. For regular/fast gravel that worked well.

Originally Posted by u235
Can you give any first hand pro/cons compared to others in the 38-42 range you have tried? I too am always in search of all purpose tires in this range. I swap between a Hutchinson Overide 38, Conti SpeedRide 42 and a Riddler 45 depending on the overall terrain. The Terra might be a good compromise between the last two.
I had a set of 43mm Panaracer GravelKing SK+, could be the extra puncture layer that the Plus has, but they felt really slow, so I got rid of them and went for the Speeds. The only other tire I've had are the stock 40mm Giant Crosscuts, which were actually pretty good, the Speeds are a lil faster, but might wear a lil quicker. Always a tradeoff I guess.