Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Leaked Photo of 2020 Trek Domane?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Leaked Photo of 2020 Trek Domane?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-19, 03:36 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogus
If it doesn't allow for top tube bag, it seems like a stupid decision for Trek.
With all due respect, this is making a mountain out of a molehill territory. Wear a jersey. Find a different frame bag.
Old 09-05-19, 05:40 PM
gt3racerich

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 9 Posts
The new Domane checks a lot of boxes for me. I have never thought about getting a Trek before but when I started to look at them I was shocked at the prices. This may be a stupid question but are the prices on Treks web site the actual prices the bikes sell for?
Old 09-05-19, 07:06 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by gt3racerich
The new Domane checks a lot of boxes for me. I have never thought about getting a Trek before but when I started to look at them I was shocked at the prices. This may be a stupid question but are the prices on Treks web site the actual prices the bikes sell for?
For the most part yes, though with higher ticket bikes you may be able to knock off a few percentage points. The best way to get a discount is to either have an established relationship with a bike shop or catch a major holiday sale or clearance (but even then it’s the previous model year or older). Or have mad haggling skills. Which I don’t.
Likes For CarloM:
Old 09-05-19, 07:15 PM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by gt3racerich
Originally Posted by CarloM
For the most part yes, though with higher ticket bikes you may be able to knock off a few percentage points. The best way to get a discount is to either have an established relationship with a bike shop or catch a major holiday sale or clearance (but even then it’s the previous model year or older). Or have mad haggling skills. Which I don’t.
+1. That's pretty much what they go for but individuals will get discounts here and there depending upon timing and/or their LBS relationship. I bought my 2018 SL5 a couple weeks ahead of the LBS's annual sale for $2k ($2500 MSRP). If you're not in a hurry, you might want to start see what Black Friday has to offer (but I'd start poking around/make yourself known at the LBS sooner).
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 09-05-19, 07:51 PM
noodle soup

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
With all due respect, this is making a mountain out of a molehill territory. Wear a jersey. Find a different frame bag.
Not to mention the fact that bento boxes are for tri-bikes.
Old 09-06-19, 06:36 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
I test drove the 2019 SL6 and liked the bike plus it was on sale. Then I read this thread and the new bike having the T47 bottom bracket, the storage compartment and the ability to take larger tires, changed my mind. I had the Trek store order my size and I am test riding it next week when it comes in. Even though the bike is $750 more, I think the T47 alone is worth spending more. Looking forward to the bike coming in. Hopefully next week I will be a new owner of a black SL6.
Likes For blakcloud:
Old 09-06-19, 06:45 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by blakcloud
I test drove the 2019 SL6 and liked the bike plus it was on sale. Then I read this thread and the new bike having the T47 bottom bracket, the storage compartment and the ability to take larger tires, changed my mind. I had the Trek store order my size and I am test riding it next week when it comes in. Even though the bike is $750 more, I think the T47 alone is worth spending more. Looking forward to the bike coming in. Hopefully next week I will be a new owner of a black SL6.
Good luck and let us know how you like the new ride! Post pics!
Old 09-17-19, 07:56 AM
shemers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't like the big gap between the seat post and frame. It seems like it will allow a lot of dust, dirt, water to enter.
Old 09-17-19, 08:42 AM
nesdog

Bikes: Domane SLR7 Disc

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 39 Posts
I picked up a 2019 SLR 7 Disc in April, and was able to get an okay discount plus trade in of my 2014 4.3. When this new one came out, I noticed it was a pound heavier than my new bike. The tool piece looks nice but I don't miss it. Ride reviews sound like Trek has managed to eke out some incremental gains.

I do agree with an earlier post; the single bolt saddle adjustment is just stupid with no microtrim possible. It's really hard to setup...what the heck were they thinking? Feels like I'm trying to adjust my old Peugeot UO model!

Generally, I have no complaints or regrets. It's a great ride.
Old 09-21-19, 01:08 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
I picked up my 2020 TREK Domane SL6 today. Also bought the mini multi tool and a mm Garmin Blender accessory. A review will happen after a month of riding it.

I will say that the wheels are weak point on this bike. They are beasts. For fun I put on my Stan's Carbon 650 rims with 42 mm Compass Baby Shoe Pass EL tires on and they fit just fine. Yes, it lowers the bottom bracket by 10 mm (I measured) and I have yet to ride with the carbon wheels, it but what I do know the new Paradigm wheels have to go.

Last edited by blakcloud; 09-21-19 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Added more information
Likes For blakcloud:
Old 09-21-19, 03:11 PM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by blakcloud
...but what I do know the new Paradigm wheels have to go.
Yeah, they're heavy. I keep mine around for the trainer, and that's about it.