Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Recent score

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-19, 10:12 PM
mousemeat

Bikes: 1985 Mongoose ATB. 1991 Schwinn Paramount series 2 , 1999 Mongoose pro. 10.9 1997 Ritchey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Recent score

At recent estate sale in Nashville, or ' nash-vegas ' as we label it in Memphis, I found a near mint 1991 schwinn Paramount, series 2, road bike, still in it's original box..covered by an tarp....I asked the estate sellers, how much they wanted for it...and they asked for $ 100.00.....I couldn't get that C-note, out of jeans pocket, fast enough...and loading it up, and took off for elvis central....like a bat outta hell....once I got home, some 3 hours later, I got the bike out of the crumbling box....and filled the tires up with air...they were not dry rotten....and had no flat spots on the tires...and did an quick ride...and the bike handled just great...an monster find...The other bikes that quickly sold..all seemed to have come from a long closed bike shop...and the items at the sale,seemed to be left over stock....Lady Luck, smiled on me, no doubt....and I just got done doing a ' shake down ' ride...and the paramount, rode quite well....like I just hit a semi forgotten treasure trove....i'll post a pict of the paramount later, after my coolpix finishes charging it's batteries up...
Old 09-01-19, 06:01 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by mousemeat
At recent estate sale in Nashville, or ' nash-vegas ' as we label it in Memphis, I found a near mint 1991 schwinn Paramount, series 2, road bike, still in it's original box..covered by an tarp....I asked the estate sellers, how much they wanted for it...and they asked for $ 100.00.....I couldn't get that C-note, out of jeans pocket, fast enough...and loading it up, and took off for elvis central....like a bat outta hell....once I got home, some 3 hours later, I got the bike out of the crumbling box....and filled the tires up with air...they were not dry rotten....and had no flat spots on the tires...and did an quick ride...and the bike handled just great...an monster find...The other bikes that quickly sold..all seemed to have come from a long closed bike shop...and the items at the sale,seemed to be left over stock....Lady Luck, smiled on me, no doubt....and I just got done doing a ' shake down ' ride...and the paramount, rode quite well....like I just hit a semi forgotten treasure trove....i'll post a pict of the paramount later, after my coolpix finishes charging it's batteries up...

Did you buy a Paramount or Paramount Design Group (PDG) Series 2? I suspect you got the latter and while nice bikes are Japanese contract built machines and not as coveted as their semi custom USA built cousins.

https://waterfordbikes.com/w/culture...bikes-1989-94/

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 09-01-19, 06:25 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked 6,589 Times in 3,779 Posts
You'll need to get to 10 posts before you can post pics or links.

The best way to get to 10, which will take you 2 days, is to go to our Introductions forum, tell us a bit about yourself, and then greet other new forum members.

I look forward to seeing your bike.
Old 09-01-19, 06:46 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Good score, likely. Monster score, not a chance. Schwinn spread the Paramount name across an entire line of bikes. A series 2 has nothing in common with the Waterford made Paramount’s or the earlier Chicago made Paramount’s, other than the name.

The Series 2 were either Taiwan or China made. The higher series bikes were made in Japan.

The NOS stuff may have been the best score.
Old 09-01-19, 11:15 AM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 2152 Post(s)
Liked 3,402 Times in 1,203 Posts
You did well. That's a solid but not flashy ride. Shimano Exage group will shift well.
Might be the best hundred bucks you ever spent.
Old 09-01-19, 02:32 PM
mousemeat

Bikes: 1985 Mongoose ATB. 1991 Schwinn Paramount series 2 , 1999 Mongoose pro. 10.9 1997 Ritchey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Exactly...I would concur...and yeah, 'it's not a 'real' Paramount, from Schwinn's heydays, it's really a solid bike, and there is nothing that bike needs to be ashamed about...the best thing about the purchase, was it being virtually un rode....probably less than 100 miles on it...and crammed into it's box....Like I posted earlier, this bike and others, probably came from an failed bike shop..and the person who had it. (R.I.P. dear friend) had it in his collection, and sadly he passed away...monster score, yeah, I think so...then again, it's simply my opinion...on that...and if you don't agree, that's all right by me..chances being, majority of you would have purchased this bike, (and maybe flipped it) if you had the chance...to me, it was the best $100.00 spent, in an long time..
Likes For mousemeat:
Old 09-01-19, 03:20 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,180 Times in 1,183 Posts
^^^^MM,
+1 to what you said...nothing wrong with a Series 2 Paramount as much as finding one in the box...great score.
Best, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors