Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Well met from UT

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Well met from UT

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-05, 09:30 PM
Banzai
Jet Jockey

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD9, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Nashbar X-frame bike, Bike Friday Haul-a-Day, Surly Pugsley.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 25 Posts
Well met from UT

Firstly...not a local. Not to offend any actual locals, but that disclaimer usually fends off a long list of questions and assumptions. I'm a viper driver stationed at Hill AFB. Last christmas, as a little something for us, my wife and I purchased a couple of Haro V-series mountain bikes. These were intended to be a recreational thing...then I started reading about maintenance, which led me to reading about commuting, bicycle advocacy, etc...which led to alot more riding...which led to bike commuting to work (approx. 10 miles one way), which is about to lead me to purchase a Fuji Absolute or Silhouette. (Yeah, she's thrilled with the money I'm now spending.) So. Howdy! I love that Haro, and I've changed the tires and added panniers...but I've kinda reached a speed limit on it. What else...I'm a KU grad from Kansas. I guess that's about it.