Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Best road bike from this list?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-20, 03:21 PM
tdcadillac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello guys
could you please help choose the right bike from this list. All the bike are available but are not on sale.
I am gonna use the bike with a trainer in the winter and use it in the road for training in the summer
Thank you

· Norco Valence A 105

· Cannondale 2020 CAADX 105 Bicycle - Unisex

· Ridley Fenix C50 Bicycle 2020 - Unisex

· MEC Provincial Road 222 Bicycle - Unisex

· devinci-leo-105

· 2020-cannondale-caad13-105

· 2020-felt-fr-30 105

Last edited by tdcadillac; 07-02-20 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-02-20, 05:04 PM
Pop N Wood

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Sport SX, Rayleigh Tamland 1, Rans V-Rex recumbent, Fuji MTB, 80's Cannondale MTB with BBSHD ebike motor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 355 Posts
the one you get the best price on.

Actually these days the one you can actually find for sale.
Old 07-02-20, 05:30 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3654 Post(s)
Liked 5,392 Times in 2,737 Posts
I would rule out the CAADX. It seems to be a disc brake bike that still uses QR. Disc brake bikes are now standardized to 12mm front and rear thru axles. The CAAD13 has good specs but check the fit. Depending on your flexibility you may find the fit too aggressive. It's a well regarded bike and will retain value better than some others. The Felt is really nice looking and a good value. Downsides would be a weird FSA bottom bracket and not full 105. If one of the others is full 105, including cranks and brakes or better yet a legit threaded bottom bracket, it would be worth considering.
Edit- Just checked the Norco. Threaded bottom bracket and Shimano crank FTW! Tektro brakes but they may be fine.Good price, too.

Last edited by shelbyfv; 07-02-20 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-02-20, 05:46 PM
tdcadillac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
I would rule out the CAADX. It seems to be a disc brake bike that still uses QR. Disc brake bikes are now standardized to 12mm front and rear thru axles. The CAAD13 has good specs but check the fit. Depending on your flexibility you may find the fit too aggressive. It's a well regarded bike and will retain value better than some others. The Felt is really nice looking and a good value. Downsides would be a weird FSA bottom bracket and not full 105. If one of the others is full 105, including cranks and brakes or better yet a legit threaded bottom bracket, it would be worth considering.
Edit- Just checked the Norco. Threaded bottom bracket and Shimano crank FTW! Tektro brakes but they may be fine.Good price, too.
Thanks very much. you are not only helping me narrow my search but I learn alot from your post, all of this stuff is new to me and it is great to expand my knowledge