Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

​​​​​​​62cm Maserati MT-1 Frame & Fork - Big BB Cutouts!

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-24, 06:39 PM
BlankCrows
Avenir Equipped

Bikes: Chesini X-Uno, etc.....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Never thought I'd ever own a Maserati wheeled anything but I have now checked that off my bucket list. I wandered into this tired 62cm MT-1 laced with Campagnolo Nuovo Record parts (except shifters, brake levers and cassette) at a Goodwill a couple weeks ago. The Campy stuff I can figure out the value, but this frame is a mystery to me re a fair price to sell it for. I think the lower numbered Maserati's were higher up their lineup, but there are a bunch of rough spots on the paint job. I figure it is a candidate for a likely strip-down and repaint.

The bottom bracket has more of the bottom portion of it removed with the cutouts than what is left. I've never seen that pattern before so unsure who might've made it. Any Ideas?

The fork is splined and has a Columbus stamp on it. There are no braze-ons for water bottles. Dropouts are all Campy. The frame weighs 4 lbs 7 oz.

What's a good price for this beast?