Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

thoughts on Eurobike XC7000?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

thoughts on Eurobike XC7000?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-21, 10:14 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by motopokep
I'd like to say that I'm determined to make my own decisions, even if they are contrary to the majority opinion and advice.
​​​​​​To each his own. What ruffles feathers is when you ask for advice, and then tell the people who took time to help you that they're wrong. And should be afraid of their bike because you are.

I hope you enjoy the new bike. It should be fine for ten flat miles a week. Ride it like you stole it and post some photos now and then. Not just the bike but where it takes you.
Likes For Seattle Forrest:
Old 04-20-21, 02:06 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3949 Post(s)
Liked 7,295 Times in 2,946 Posts
. Just get off your high horses (a/k/a bikes) and agree that this is a good entry level bike.
But, it’s not - that’s the issue.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 04-20-21, 02:37 PM
znomit
Zoom zoom zoom zoom bonk

Bikes: Giant Defy, Trek 1.7c, BMC GF02, Fuji Tahoe, Scott Sub 35, Kona Rove, Trek Verve+2

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 366 Posts
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
But, it’s not - that’s the issue.
This is the bike that will frustrate the owner (and occasional rider) because the worlds cheapest tubes and tyres flat easily, the brakes squeak, the gears click because they weren’t even close to adjusted in the factory, cheap parts rust, the bar tape unfurls and the ride quality is poor because the bike is designed to look good not ride well.

It’s not entry level, it’s exit level.
Likes For znomit:
Old 04-20-21, 03:18 PM
growlerdinky
Duke Ulysses

Bikes: An old orange one for dirt, and for the other stuff: a white one, a kinda mint green one, and a black one.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 86 Posts
I hope the OP and his family enjoy many safe and easy miles on this noble steed.
Likes For growlerdinky:
Old 04-21-21, 08:39 AM
Rodrigo Kenobi

Bikes: Trek Domane AL 5 Disc 2022

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 19 Posts
below is a link to the video of a youtube user weighing himself at 181, and then weighing himself with the bike at 209.8. do the math. aside from him, I've talked to a couple other people online, who weighed the bike for me and both of them verified 28 lbs stock. just look at the video starting at 8:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlfu6H5E8XE&t=187s
That video is all kinds of awesome.
Likes For Rodrigo Kenobi:
Old 04-21-21, 10:24 AM
Jack Tone 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Rodrigo Kenobi
That was awesome!! I watched every second. It reminded me of a Bill Murray skit on Sat. night live. SO many good quotes that I can't remember them all. "upgraded pedals", "pro level, no kickstand", AWESOME!!
Likes For Jack Tone:
Old 04-21-21, 11:37 AM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Quoted: 3949 Post(s)
Liked 7,295 Times in 2,946 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Tone
That was awesome!! I watched every second. It reminded me of a Bill Murray skit on Sat. night live. SO many good quotes that I can't remember them all. "upgraded pedals", "pro level, no kickstand", AWESOME!!
I'm pretty sure it was Carl Spackler doing the review.
Old 04-21-21, 11:47 AM
Jack Tone 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 165 Posts
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
I'm pretty sure it was Carl Spackler doing the review.
Exactly !
Old 04-21-21, 06:05 PM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
A twenty-minute review of a bike he hasn't even ridden yet!
Old 04-21-21, 07:20 PM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata GRX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1943 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,014 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Tone
That was awesome!! I watched every second.
That is some tolerance. I could not get further than the 3 minutes mark. The cross-sectional shape of the aluminum tubing gives me pause; I suppose the perceived aerodynamic advantages offset the weight of the bike.

To be fair, OP only relied on this review for the weight of the bike.
Old 04-22-21, 01:42 AM
motopokep
Banned

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
​​​​​​To each his own. What ruffles feathers is when you ask for advice, and then tell the people who took time to help you that they're wrong. And should be afraid of their bike because you are.

I hope you enjoy the new bike. It should be fine for ten flat miles a week. Ride it like you stole it and post some photos now and then. Not just the bike but where it takes you.

No Sir you're making assumptions not grounded in facts. I didn't start this thread to ask for opinion of people who never ridden this particular bike and are making assumptions based on price and no-name brand and country of origin. I started this thread asking for opinions of people who have ridden this bike, and to my surprise found none, because as I later found out, this is a forum for serious bikers, not casual enthusiasts. Thus, I chose not to follow advice of other assumers like yourself, and after talking online elsewhere to couple noobs like myself who have this bike and they're happy with it after some mods, I made the decision to go with it.

Look above, I do listen to advice. I was gonna buy a cheap no-name fat bike on Amazon, based on looks and price, but after talking to couple of owners who described in detail what's wrong with it, I went with Mongoose. Their input was valuable, as it was based on first-person knowledge.

As far as the CF thread, I didn't come on there to preach for people to be afraid of their CF bikes. I am completely new and came on there to ask for opinions. When so many people replied that it's safe, aside from rare freak accidents, I changed my opinion on CF bikes, but for my own reasons, decided to stick with aluminum for my first road bike.

I will post pictures, both stock and modded, and will take the weight measurements and show pics of the scale. I'm not a salesrep for Eurobike, I got nothing to hide. If it turns out that I was wrong about this bike, I'll have no ego issues admitting it.
Old 04-22-21, 01:55 AM
motopokep
Banned

Originally Posted by rivers
On a bike that weighs 28lbs + your weight of 230, you will struggle on any sort of moderate incline. .
That's where years of heavy squatting and leg pressing, and building muscle endurance by ice skating with 30 lbs of hockey equipment on for an hour, will kick in to help.....oh, not to mention controlling grappling opponents who weigh as much as 270lbs, with my legs. in competition.... trust me bro, after all of the sports I've been involved in all my life, 5-10 extra pounds on a cycle don't scare me...i'm not looking to compete in cycling. anyway. i could see how this cycling thing would be challenging for a guy who played nothing but golf and table tennis all of his life. i've done weightlifting, combat sports, and contact ice hockey throughout my life, (and still involved in the first two). i've also ridden on a motorcycle race track and did some street races (joking of course). after all that, putting on a spandex suit and riding a bicycle for fun...i underline that, for fun, not competition...is like taking a morning crap. not trying to undermine competitive cycling, i'm sure it's a tough sport that involves guts, endurance, and muscle strength and having to deal with pain from lactic acid buildup....but i'm getting into cycling for joyriding and a few fast runs here and there, so I could relax and take my mind off of barbells and heavyweight grappling opponents.

Last edited by motopokep; 04-22-21 at 02:20 AM.
Likes For motopokep:
Old 04-22-21, 02:12 AM
motopokep
Banned

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Looking at the parts on it, the place it is being sold (not a bike shop or a proper bike seller) plus the price. It is all no-name components and Shimano Tourney which is the lowest end of any of Shimano's group sets. Having seen these bikes often at the shop and seeing how they work or frequently don't work that is why I said what I said.
My Scwhinn hybrid has a Shimano Tourney, I've had no issues with it for 15 years. I tuned it perfectly 10 years ago and only recently has it started to slip a gear in one place, and only once in a while, but I admit I don't ride much. A Shimano is a Shimano. It's like saying a BMW 7-series will be built with better quality than a BMW 3-series. Maybe it's different with cycles though. anyway, the Eurobike XC7000 that I ordered has the Claris, if it makes a difference. An entry-level bike is expected to have a lower-priced derailleur. It's how you tune it and use it is what matters.
Old 04-22-21, 07:50 AM
Reflector Guy

As far as the CF thread, I didn't come on there to preach for people to be afraid of their CF bikes.
Sure, maybe not at first but at some point you promised you'd be posting links to carbon failures that would make us all reconsider our blind faith in CF. I'd quote the post exactly if I could but you deleted nearly all of your posts in that thread.
Likes For Reflector Guy:
Old 04-22-21, 07:56 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Reflector Guy
Sure, maybe not at first but at some point you promised you'd be posting links to carbon failures that would make us all reconsider our blind faith in CF. I'd quote the post exactly if I could but you deleted nearly all of your posts in that thread.
Oh, others quoted him before he deleted it -

I'll share these stories and have you guys rethink your CF bikes. I just read a story on another bike forum of a member dying after his Orbea CF frame separated for no reason.
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 04-22-21, 08:03 AM
Reflector Guy

There's no hiding from Big Internet!
Old 04-22-21, 08:17 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
I promise that I will. It'll be here by end of May, hopefully, I'll weigh it stock, and then I'll upgrade it as time allows, hopefully by mid-summer, and post weight, pictures, and prices. Obviously the upgrades will be reasonable, I'm not gonna put $1,000 wheels on a $500 bike, but $300 wheels are fair game...remember, everything is multiplied by 3, as I'm modding 3 bikes.
I'd love to know what your first impressions are when you receive it. I can almost guarantee you that there will be issues in function and fitment when you get it together. Grease will be missing in places that it should be and it will not ride well....but if you don't know any different then ride quality might not be an issue. I can tell you that the Mongoose Dolomite Fatbike rides like absolute crap.

Last edited by jadocs; 04-22-21 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-22-21, 11:02 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
Liked 4,832 Times in 2,229 Posts
Excluding the price of the tires, I think a $400 bike should look like this.

or this

Decades have proven their usefulness and future longevity.

edit: No GCN comparison to a new 6kilo CF wonderbike needed. YMMV, and on the 41 = it most certainly does.

Last edited by Wildwood; 04-22-21 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-22-21, 11:16 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Quoted: 4943 Post(s)
Liked 8,083 Times in 3,824 Posts
As far as the CF thread, I didn't come on there to preach for people to be afraid of their CF bikes.
Bull$#!+

You said...
I'll share these stories and have you guys rethink your CF bikes.

You had an agenda, and struggled with the push-back you were getting from people with experience and knowledge.
Old 04-22-21, 11:18 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Originally Posted by jadocs
I'd love to know what your first impressions are when you receive it. I can almost guarantee you that there will be issues in function and fitment when you get it together. Grease will be missing in places that it should be and it will not ride well....but if you don't know any different then ride quality might not be an issue. I can tell you that the Mongoose Dolomite Fatbike rides like absolute crap.
I suspect he may not have the knowledge or experience to tell the difference between what is working/fitting correctly and what isn't.
Old 04-22-21, 11:29 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
I suspect he may not have the knowledge or experience to tell the difference between what is working/fitting correctly and what isn't.
I don't know, I think if he's a wrench like he says he should. Things that are supposed to spin freely won't and the shifting will not be what he expects I'm pretty sure.
Old 04-22-21, 11:37 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Originally Posted by jadocs
I don't know, I think if he's a wrench like he says he should. Things that are supposed to spin freely won't and the shifting will not be what he expects I'm pretty sure.
You might be right. I forgot about the claimed mechanical experience.
Old 04-22-21, 12:03 PM
Ti473

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
That's where years of heavy squatting and leg pressing, and building muscle endurance by ice skating with 30 lbs of hockey equipment on for an hour, will kick in to help.....oh, not to mention controlling grappling opponents who weigh as much as 270lbs, with my legs. in competition.... trust me bro, after all of the sports I've been involved in all my life, 5-10 extra pounds on a cycle don't scare me...i'm not looking to compete in cycling. anyway. i could see how this cycling thing would be challenging for a guy who played nothing but golf and table tennis all of his life. i've done weightlifting, combat sports, and contact ice hockey throughout my life, (and still involved in the first two). i've also ridden on a motorcycle race track and did some street races (joking of course). after all that, putting on a spandex suit and riding a bicycle for fun...i underline that, for fun, not competition...is like taking a morning crap. not trying to undermine competitive cycling, i'm sure it's a tough sport that involves guts, endurance, and muscle strength and having to deal with pain from lactic acid buildup....but i'm getting into cycling for joyriding and a few fast runs here and there, so I could relax and take my mind off of barbells and heavyweight grappling opponents.
Geez, you certainly aren't doing yourself any favors...
Old 04-22-21, 12:06 PM
Ti473

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by znomit

It’s not entry level, it’s exit level.
Exit level ...

​​​ That's the funniest thing I've read, I'm stealing this one... Sorry not sorry
Likes For Ti473:
Old 04-22-21, 12:12 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked 3,986 Times in 2,661 Posts
My Scwhinn hybrid has a Shimano Tourney, I've had no issues with it for 15 years. I tuned it perfectly 10 years ago and only recently has it started to slip a gear in one place, and only once in a while, but I admit I don't ride much. A Shimano is a Shimano. It's like saying a BMW 7-series will be built with better quality than a BMW 3-series. Maybe it's different with cycles though. anyway, the Eurobike XC7000 that I ordered has the Claris, if it makes a difference. An entry-level bike is expected to have a lower-priced derailleur. It's how you tune it and use it is what matters.
NO, Shimano is not Shimano otherwise they wouldn't have Dura-Ace, Ultegra, 105, Tiagra, Sora, Claris and on the MTB side XTR, XT, SLX, Deore, Alivio, Altus, Acera and of course Alfine and Nexus on the IGH side and some other group sets that are more specialized like DX, Saint and Metrea. Tourney is not even remotely close to Dura Ace excepting for the fact says Shimano on it.

Clearly you have no real concept of quality, everything must all be the same but for some reason it costs more sometimes which is odd because it is all the same.
Likes For veganbikes:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.