Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Rent a bike in New Haven, CT, Friday, 9/29/23?

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-23, 04:41 AM
brianinc-ville

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 40 Posts

Hey there. I'm going to be in New Haven on Friday, 9/29, and could use a bike for about 4 hours, 10:30am-2:30pm. I'd need to pick up and drop off downtown. Would anybody be interested in renting me one? I can provide local references -- I work in New Haven fairly often and have rented a bike there before (unfortunately, it's no longer available to me). PM me if you're interested. Sure do wish NH had bikeshare!

Thanks!
Brian
Old 09-24-23, 05:26 AM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2490 Post(s)
Liked 2,961 Times in 1,682 Posts
Originally Posted by brianinc-ville
Hey there. I'm going to be in New Haven on Friday, 9/29, and could use a bike for about 4 hours, 10:30am-2:30pm. I'd need to pick up and drop off downtown. Would anybody be interested in renting me one? I can provide local references -- I work in New Haven fairly often and have rented a bike there before (unfortunately, it's no longer available to me). PM me if you're interested. Sure do wish NH had bikeshare!

Thanks!
Brian
While you're waiting for a New Haven Bike Forums person to reply, you might consider checking with downtown bike stores to see whether any rent bikes. Last time I was in New Haven (many years ago), there was still a shop on Chapel Street, down the block from York Street, so I'd start with them.

Also, I just discovered that there's a RentaBikeNow store on College Street downtown, apparently.

York Street, by the way, is where I always went for lunch when I worked downtown. York Side Pizza has fantastic grinders. My favorites: eggplant parmesan and (believe it or not) cheese, lettuce, and tomato.

For pizza (New Haven has the best), try Modern Apizza, also downtown, on State Street. That pizza and the grinders at York Side Pizza are the only things I miss about New Haven, and I grew up there.
Old 09-24-23, 09:12 AM
brianinc-ville

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 40 Posts
I think that "RentABikeNow" shop actually is College Street Cycles. I'll call them when they open tomorrow to make sure, but their online rental portal isn't showing any bikes available. Devil's Gear used to do rental, but they're not listing it on their website anymore.

Totally agree with you about Modern Apizza, though! As a sporadic visitor, I like New Haven quite a bit. Biking is definitely the best way to get around.
Likes For brianinc-ville: