Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Better for Drop Bars/STI Shifters: Apidura Expedition or Revelate Sweet Roll bar bag?

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Better for Drop Bars/STI Shifters: Apidura Expedition or Revelate Sweet Roll bar bag?

Old 06-14-18, 04:34 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts

My standard multi-day touring ride is an old Trek 520 with front panniers and a rear trunk rack. A few years ago I bought a new carbon road bike and starting thinking about doing 2 or 3 day credit card-style tours on the road bike to enjoy the lighter weight and disc brakes, etc.

I picked up a Revelate Visacha seat bag and have been using it for long single day rides where I need to carry clothes or shoes for stops - it has worked great.

I'm looking at adding adding a bar bag to be able to carry enough for short multi-day/non-camping tours and Revelate has the Sweetroll and some nice advice on how to use it on drop bars/STI shifters. I've had seen others using the Apidura Expedition and Apidura shows a few photos of drop bar mounted bag but no detail.

Anyone using either/both on drop bars with STI shifting?

Thanks, John P.