Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

All is not well on Dutch bike paths

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

All is not well on Dutch bike paths

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-19, 10:41 AM
nuxx 

Bikes: S-Works Tarmac SL6, Custom Carbon Flatbar, Giant XTC Composite 29er, Trek FX 7.6

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_bill
See the woman riding toward the camera? In a couple of more blocks she'd be here (BikeSnobNYC in Outside).
You got it turned around - Farimagsgade is in the direction of the camera - 2 roads down from the end of the bridge... I live a couple of minutes from that very intersection

FWIW, I liked the width of Copenhagen's lanes, although some (not the above pictured) felt narrow on a christiania bike.
Yeah... especially at peak hours... but a lot of bike paths are being widened these days - as there's simply a lot more bikes happening than cars in much of the city.

And what's with the light poles in the bikelanes?
Light poles? :S ...I imagine you might have experienced some older lanes with missing/insufficient bordering for poles.

And yeah... we're going a bit foodie-crazy in recent years
Old 04-03-19, 10:58 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by nuxx
Light poles? :S ...I imagine you might have experienced some older lanes with missing/insufficient bordering for poles.
Flixbus hell. (Where either the lane is too narrow with poles *OR* the lane is wide enough but filled with passengers and luggage, or worse, ABOUT to be filled with....)

-mr. bill