Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

The deal of today

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

The deal of today

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-20, 09:37 AM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 121 Posts
The deal of today

I need an 11 speed chain always use shimano and 2 tires conti gp 5000. I managed to get 2 of the GP 5000 TDF addition with cream sidewalls and an 11 speed 105 chain for $115, total after the price and then a 20 percent coupon from the browser, Wow I feel like that is an incredible deal really. Hard for the LBS to compete with that and I got it a the Competitive Cyclist I don't think I have used them before.
Old 12-14-20, 11:26 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,482 Times in 4,184 Posts
Conti would rake in the cash if they offered the TDF tires in more than just 25mm.
Old 12-14-20, 12:02 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Conti would rake in the cash if they offered the TDF tires in more than just 25mm.
I would assume that 25mm is still the most popular size for performance road tires, but yeah, I'd buy some 28mm skinwalls (well, not from Conti [not compatible with my rims], but you know...).
Old 12-14-20, 03:59 PM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I would assume that 25mm is still the most popular size for performance road tires, but yeah, I'd buy some 28mm skinwalls (well, not from Conti [not compatible with my rims], but you know...).
You mean your rims aren't compatible with Contis.
Old 12-14-20, 04:22 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by shoota
You mean your rims aren't compatible with Contis.
Pffft! Conti - always slow on the draw. I mean, it *did* take them a handful of years just to catch up to other manufacturers and finally offer a tubeless product. They should have a hookless option in another 5 years or so. Until then, I'll suffer though these horrible Schwalble Pro One Addix, Vittoria Corsa, Michelin Power, Goodyear Eagle F1, Pirelli P Zero, etc, etc.