Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Flaminia (Flaminio Carnielli Vittorio Veneto) Bike

Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Old 08-16-19, 02:36 PM
bridgetlpaint

Bikes: Flamina (flaminio carnielli vittorio veneto)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've recently inherited this bike - and I can't find out anything about this bike. I've looked on a bunch of different auctions sites, ebay, vintage bike sites and forums and nothing has come up. Any info about this bike at all would be greatly appreciated.

I know very little about bikes but I do know that this is an old bike and was purchased at an antique store. It still rides but it does need a little work on it - I am hesitant to try to 'fix' or alter any part of the bike before I know anything about it,.

The bike has the name "Flaminia" on it. And also the words "Flaminio Carnielli Vittorio Veneto" - The bike seat has a little plate that says "Aurora" on it. Its an extremely beautiful blue bike with a front and back electric light and cruiser handlebars.

(I can't post any pictures of the bike until I've made 10 posts on this forum) so if you would like to/need to see some pictures I can happily send them to you via private message - just let me know - I've got tons of very detailed images of the bike.
Old 08-16-19, 03:10 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Your Flamina was manufactured by Carnielli, a full range Italian manufacturer best known for their Bottechia brand.
Old 08-16-19, 03:45 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked 3,324 Times in 2,170 Posts
-----

Peecha assistenza -

---

Hello Bridget and welcome to the forum!

One of Italy's very largest bicycle manufacturers is a company called Teodoro Carnielli. The best known brand they make is one called Bottecchia but they have half a dozen other "badges." https://www.bottecchia.com/en/azienda They also do a good deal of contract work (bicycles made for others).

It may well be that Flaminio is/was a close relative of Teodoro and owned a retail bike shop in Vittorio Veneto (a place name). Vittorio Veneto - Wikipediahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vittorio_Veneto It is very much common for retail shops in Italy to offer a "house brand" bicycle made by someone else.

The bicycle is of a style called a "condorino" - what we might call a "town bike" in american english. It appears to date from between the late 1950's and mid-1960's.

Can tell you about the technical details and parts used to construct it if you wish but would imagine your interest more general...

Thank you for posting - looks interesting.

-----
Attached Files
File Type: 1047938
img_0735-jpeg.1047938 (522.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by juvela; 08-16-19 at 03:51 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 08-17-19, 12:16 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4507 Post(s)
Liked 6,373 Times in 3,665 Posts
Originally Posted by bridgetlpaint
I've recently inherited this bike - and I can't find out anything about this bike. I've looked on a bunch of different auctions sites, ebay, vintage bike sites and forums and nothing has come up. Any info about this bike at all would be greatly appreciated.

I know very little about bikes but I do know that this is an old bike and was purchased at an antique store. It still rides but it does need a little work on it - I am hesitant to try to 'fix' or alter any part of the bike before I know anything about it,.

The bike has the name "Flaminia" on it. And also the words "Flaminio Carnielli Vittorio Veneto" - The bike seat has a little plate that says "Aurora" on it. Its an extremely beautiful blue bike with a front and back electric light and cruiser handlebars.

(I can't post any pictures of the bike until I've made 10 posts on this forum) so if you would like to/need to see some pictures I can happily send them to you via private message - just let me know - I've got tons of very detailed images of the bike.
That is awesome! Hope you will get it going and ride it, so cool.

Welcome aboard, glad you found us, we can help and help you find help.

Go around, say "Hi" and or comment on any post that interests you for the 10.

I would be beside myself if I inherited something like this, yours is in excellent condition.

Some of the maintenance, cleanup, repair may be a bit challenging but well worth it.

You are lucky this one has good information available to find, which is not always so.

The challenging factor on something like this can lead to ruining parts that may be difficult to replace which imo should be avoided at all costs.

Last edited by merziac; 08-17-19 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-17-19, 12:26 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4507 Post(s)
Liked 6,373 Times in 3,665 Posts
Originally Posted by bridgetlpaint

I would also encourage you to seek out the most oldschool bike shop in your area and a co-op, bike kitchen that has serious vintage person, ethos, etc. You can learn to do this yourself with the right tools and a proper workspace.

Raleigh 3 speed enthusiasts should be able to help especially with the cottered bottom bracket that should be inspected and overhauled, most cities have a contingent of them, often called "society of or 3 speed society".

Last edited by merziac; 08-17-19 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-17-19, 06:07 PM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked 4,580 Times in 1,762 Posts
Welcome, Bridget. Pretty bike! That should clean up nicely, and it looks to be pretty much complete. The skirt guards - or whatever you would call them - can still be found.

Old 08-17-19, 06:09 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
That must have been a real beauty, especially that skirt guard

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk