Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

MapMyRide

Old 07-25-19, 07:46 AM
ChiroVette

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
MapMyRide

Hello! I wanted to ask this here because I am uncertain about this topic

I have been using MapMyRide for a long time, and I have a question about pausing during a workout. Say, if I need to take a ferry or train or bus somewhere and ride to that point. I seem to remember that if I pause the ride in MMR, then take a bus or ferry to the point I want to start again, when I un-pause, the app will draw a straight line between the start of the pause and the point where I resume. But if I remember correctly, it will add the miles, which I DO NOT want to happen. Is there a way to make sure that even with the line drawn between the two points, MMR will NOT count the miles I was sitting on my butt on the bus/ferry? In the past, my solution was to create multiple rides, where I would end my run, then start a new one when I began again. Which I would prefer NOT to do.

Thanks all!
Old 07-26-19, 09:08 AM
ChiroVette

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
To answer my own question, in case anyone is interested in this, I created a ticket with Map My Ride tech support, and this is the response I received:

Thanks for writing in. You are correct about the previous functionality of our app, however, we have changed this in the last year. If you pause your workout, distance traveled during the pause will not be counted towards your workout.

Best,
Tim
So I guess that answers my question.
Likes For ChiroVette:
Old 07-26-19, 09:10 AM
Notso_fastLane

Bikes: 2011 Bent TW Elegance 2014 Carbon Strada Velomobile

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 418 Posts
Thanks for posting about this. Do you use the auto-pause when stopped feature? I can't get the Android version to pause manually when I'm using the auto-pause feature, and usually just wind up creating multiple rides when I have stops along the way.
Old 07-29-19, 09:57 AM
ChiroVette

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Notso_fastLane
Thanks for posting about this. Do you use the auto-pause when stopped feature? I can't get the Android version to pause manually when I'm using the auto-pause feature, and usually just wind up creating multiple rides when I have stops along the way.
Yeah it was something I was wondering about for a while. It vastly simplifies my rides now that MMR has changed this so that you don't get the accompanying, nautical miles added to your ride when you pause. I remember one ride a few years back, where I cycled across Brooklyn, and to the Staten Island Ferry in Lower Manhattan. I took the ferry over to Staten Island, and did a big circle around there, took the ferry back, then cycled home. It was a fun ride, but in order to not have all those ferry miles in, back then, I had to end each leg of the ride and start again at the next un-pause spot. So in the end, instead of one ride, I had three rides for the same day.

As to your question, it sounds like you need to reach out to tech support for MapMyFitness. I use the app on an iPhone with auto-pause and don't have the problem you're describing.