Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Full body speedsuits?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Full body speedsuits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-19, 11:48 AM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by asgelle
No. UCI rules have no bearing on USAC races with the exception of some equipment rules in very limited cases, but in pays to read the rulebook for yourself.
I guess I haven’t sat down and read every page of the USAC rulebook yet. But I have skimmed it and looked for mentions of shorts, socks or clothing and couldn’t find anything relevant to me.
Old 07-14-19, 11:57 AM
Bandera
~>~

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 119 Posts
Originally Posted by smashndash
That’s a UCI rule. Does USAC inherit all UCI rules? Even below cat P/1/2?
A question that should be directed to the USAC for clarification, not me.
If you don't know your local officials here's a handy way to contact the relevant resources.

https://www.usacycling.org/about-us/contact-us
Old 07-14-19, 12:02 PM
asgelle

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 451 Times in 265 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandera
A question that should be directed to the USAC for clarification, not me.
By posting that rule, you implied that it was relevant to the discussion. If you weren't sure, why would you post possibly misleading information?
Old 07-14-19, 12:12 PM
Bandera
~>~

By posting that rule, you implied that it was relevant to the discussion. If you weren't sure, why would you post possibly misleading information?
Misleading? It's a UCI rule clear and simple.
If the OP wants clarification that or any other UCI rule is being enforced at his local USAC events he should ask his local and/or national USAC officials for clarification.

-Bandera
Old 07-14-19, 12:15 PM
asgelle

Misleading? It's a UCI rule clear and simple.
If the OP wants clarification that or any other UCI rule is being enforced at his local USAC events he should ask his local and/or national USAC officials for clarification.
Except UCI rules have as much relevance to USAC as whatever local rules might apply in Kazakhstan. Why don't you look those up and share them as well?

You continue to propagate the fallacy that UCI rules ever apply to local USAC races.
Old 07-14-19, 12:51 PM
Bandera
~>~

No. UCI rules have no bearing on USAC races with the exception of some equipment rules in very limited cases, but it pays to read the rulebook for yourself.
Let me get this straight:
The USAC does not enforce UCI rules on the equipment that we use except on some of it, sometimes, in some races.
So, if one has UCI non-compliant equipment that they intend to use it would be a complete and utter waste of time to ask for clarification from local USAC officials that they will not be enforcing a specific UCI rule before entering an event.

Got it!

-Bandera
Old 07-14-19, 12:53 PM
asgelle

The USAC does not enforce UCI rules on the equipment that we use except on some of it, sometimes, in some races.
The people to whom UCI rules may apply know who they are and when they apply. If you need to ask, the answer is no.
Old 07-14-19, 03:16 PM
Bandera
~>~

The people to whom UCI rules may apply know who they are and when they apply. If you need to ask, the answer is no.
Since interacting with the sometimes "interesting" application of The Rules by ABL of A, USCF, NORBA and now USAC officialese I have learned to ask before it mattered.
Perhaps I'm a slow learner.

PS: Niche cycling apparel mfgs like those who produce skin-suits and even socks for the tiny market of "consumers" of such specialized kit are most unlikely to whip-up UCI non-complaint goods as production models for grins as "one that covers arms and legs completely" as the OP is vainly searching for since there is no market for them.

If the OP requires such a garment he can have one custom made. I'd inquire with my local USAC officials about it's "legality" before paying an entry fee to pin a number on one, but that's just me.

-Bandera

Last edited by Bandera; 07-14-19 at 06:09 PM.