Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Florida w/a question

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 05-25-20, 05:54 AM
d4nny3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone. New to biking but im loving it. My question is, what's a good first road bike? Im wanting something older (vintage). I'll typically do 20mile rides a few times a week... No competitions and no commutes... Just pleasure riding and racing with some friends down trails
thanks and can't wait to see what I learn from everyone!
Old 05-30-20, 06:50 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,563 Times in 3,763 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums d4nny3!
Old 06-04-20, 06:38 AM
d4nny3

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you!!
Old 06-06-20, 10:39 AM
Brian Gunter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Welcome

I an also new to the forum and also from Florida. I, too, am mostly into vintage bikes and recently had several handed down to me from my father. I can tell you there are a lot out there. Some expensive, some not so much. It depends on your personal taste. All of mine are touring models from a 74 Paramount to a 93 Specialized. Unfortunately, my father was about 4 inches taller than me and his bikes are all too big for me to ride comfortably.
Old 06-07-20, 04:50 AM
Germanrazor

Bikes: Trek Madone

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 54 Posts
Welcome. Not sure as to vintage bikes to ride because I prefer carbon after I resisted for so long. But I have always heard a Reynolds steel frame is as classic as it gets and a great ride still to this day. Not sure I spelled that right as to the steel bike but some Google searches should lead you in the right direction. Check out the vintage forums too. Those folks that purchase and collect those bikes can lead you right.