Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Trouble with Saris M2 smart trainer

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Trouble with Saris M2 smart trainer

Old 01-13-21, 06:41 PM
  #1  
irazvi
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trouble with Saris M2 smart trainer

I recently purchased an M2 smart trainer. When the resistance goes up, it becomes very inconsistent in that
every down stroke is followed by a sharp jump in resistance. Its not riding smoothly. Its gets better as I go to
lower gears, but I have to go to such a low gear to get it to smooth out that Im not getting a work out. Any ideas?
irazvi is offline  
Old 01-19-21, 02:39 PM
  #2  
Eric F
Senior Member
 
Eric F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Altadena, CA
Posts: 426

Bikes: 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 1977 Nishiki ONP, 1999 Trek 9900 Team Issue

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked 402 Times in 195 Posts
Originally Posted by irazvi View Post
I recently purchased an M2 smart trainer. When the resistance goes up, it becomes very inconsistent in that
every down stroke is followed by a sharp jump in resistance. Its not riding smoothly. Its gets better as I go to
lower gears, but I have to go to such a low gear to get it to smooth out that Im not getting a work out. Any ideas?
Have you updated the firmware? I had a similar issue with sprinting in Zwift using the M2. A firmware update through the Saris app fixed the issue for me.
Eric F is online now  
Old 01-19-21, 02:52 PM
  #3  
irazvi
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks,

I will try that. Im also having trouble calibrating it. It gives me an error when I try. I would think this could also be at the heart of it.
did you have that problem as well?
irazvi is offline  
Old 01-19-21, 03:16 PM
  #4  
Eric F
Senior Member
 
Eric F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Altadena, CA
Posts: 426

Bikes: 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 1977 Nishiki ONP, 1999 Trek 9900 Team Issue

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked 402 Times in 195 Posts
Originally Posted by irazvi View Post
Thanks,

I will try that. Im also having trouble calibrating it. It gives me an error when I try. I would think this could also be at the heart of it.
did you have that problem as well?
I have found that calibrating with the app needs me to turn off all other connections to the trainer (Zwift and Zwift Companion, in my case). There have been a couple of times where turning off (unplugging) the trainer for a bit seemed to help.
Eric F is online now  
Old 01-19-21, 03:19 PM
  #5  
irazvi
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
I have found that calibrating with the app needs me to turn off all other connections to the trainer (Zwift and Zwift Companion, in my case). There have been a couple of times where turning off (unplugging) the trainer for a bit seemed to help.

Thanks!
irazvi is offline  
Old 01-20-21, 05:51 AM
  #6  
irazvi
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I checked and the firmware is up to date. I tried calibrating with no other connections. This time I did not get an error, but it
never completed. I tried for about 5-10 minutes (?) and it never ended. How long does it usually take? So Im still stuck with
the same problem of un even resistance.

Thanks
irazvi is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.