Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Windsor / Rover?

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Windsor / Rover?

Old 11-30-19, 03:23 PM
fotter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windsor / Rover?

Hi, I am considering purchasing a Windsor, Rover 4. Does anyone have pros/cons or advice either way on this bike? It’s a really good price this holiday weekend!
Old 11-30-19, 05:35 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked 759 Times in 568 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure which model you're considering. The Rover3 is $400 and that seems to be a pretty good value. It has a standard Suntour NEX lockout fork (typical for dual sport type bikes), a 3x8 drivetrain, and mechanical disc brakes. The next closest bike to this in terms of value, in a local bike shop brand, is probably the Giant Roam 4 ($430 right now), but the Windsor has a better drivetrain (nicer Deore derailleur, 8-speed with cassette, etc.).

Note that the Rover3 is not worth the "regular" price they list ($895). That's a highly inflated number -- there's no way this bike would market for that. It's probably a solid $500-550 bike if a local bike shop brand, so it's a decent buy at $400.

The biggest challenge/risk to buying online is you can't test-ride the bike first, so be sure you know the size you need.