Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2012?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Secret Santa 2012?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-13, 01:46 PM
JPZ66

Bikes: 1949 'Italian' , 1950 San Giusto, 1897 Union, and a number of "projects"... 198? Grandis, a couple of Mixte's...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
To Balindamood....

Thanks a bunch for the great gifts ! All will come in handy, but the Campy toe clips and the Omas hubs...awesome !

To Bibliobob....

I bought a copy of that book for myself and have just finished it ....what an amazing story. I sure hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Happy New Year to All !

Joe
Old 01-01-13, 01:53 PM
IthaDan 

Bikes: Click on the #YOLO

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr
IthaDan, many thanks for the thoughtfully selected contents of that box. Every piece is appreciated!
I'm relieved to hear that. I didn't have a whole lot to go on, but saw your immaculate restorations and they all skewed modern-ish with modern pedals (!) and bold solid colors, so I took it from there. Multitool oddities are always fun. Enjoy!

A big thanks to forums user rubberlegs for the gifts this year. The socks will be the first pair of dedicated cycling socks I've ever owned in 20 years of cycling.

I'm glad I particated in this in my first year as a member here at BF. Group hug.

Shimano : Click :: Campy : Snap :: SRAM : Bang
Old 01-02-13, 10:21 AM
phillyrider
peddling fool

Bikes: Mid 50's Frejus, Late 50's Frejus, Early 1960s Frejus Professional, Mid 1960's Frejus Professional, Early 70's Gloria (branded), 76 Blue Pogliaghi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gomango
Phillyrider-thanks so much.

An Italian bicycle book is very well received and appreciated at our house.

The light is already installed on my wife's Peugeot mixte.

Looks fantastic.

Very thoughtful.

I am glad you like them...Happy Holidays & New Year.
Old 01-02-13, 10:26 AM
phillyrider
peddling fool

Bikes: Mid 50's Frejus, Late 50's Frejus, Early 1960s Frejus Professional, Mid 1960's Frejus Professional, Early 70's Gloria (branded), 76 Blue Pogliaghi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sonatageek - Thanks for the secret santa gift...I am waiting for a snow day to tackle my first tubular tire mount. Knowing I am not easy to shop for/post often -> these were super.

Thanks and Happy Holidays/New Year!
Old 01-02-13, 08:31 PM
Shaneferd

Bikes: Bike(s)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cyclealities!

The Acetylator! A lantern that employs acetylene gas, from a chemical reaction between calcium carbide & H2O.
Love that Silver King, and there's even a lamp for the ladies... L.S.D. bells? I'd love to know what that threaded bit is, with the A & B designation.

Block and Roller chain.
A tinful of these would probably fetch good money, and make someone's day.

If only it were always that easy...

Thank you for the nifty Ol' reader, Bibliobob!
I was less than discreet in my previous post, and blatantly disregarded the keyword in our Holiday event. I can't rightly blame the eggnog, please forgive a tired dad for his enthusiasm. Discretion was definitely the better part of Gino's valour.

This season has blessed us here with a healthy newborn son, born 11lbs 3oz at home unassisted, and we're a truly fortunate Family in Wisco.
It's been a real pleasure to participate in this thread, and it gladdens me to see the thoughtful gifts & appreciation paid forward.

If you're ever into some lousy weather RubberLegs, just slap that shower cap on your saddle when you step away for a bit. The Opera harmonica is a real heartfelt gift, glad you appreciate it! It has a counterpart in the Key of C, but the G is definitely a richer tone. Made in West Germany - US Zone makes it a proper & fragile C&V harp, that has overwhelmed me with emotion when playing mine. I've always wonderered what the "Tips" stood for(spit backwards?), on the lithographed tin. The bottom notes sound like bombers droning overhead when played together, and that collaborative tone really transcends barriers. A fellow member had made that Torpado patch a good find within the community. Best of build on your touring project. When you're out there under the stars with your son, couldn't imagine a better place to play a fireside number.

Thank you, good Pastor, for facilitating the goodwill this season. I have a few freewheeling questions I'd like to ask you later.
May this New Year afford many opportunities to enjoy a nice ride, and perhaps help others to do same.
Safe & Happy Travels!
Shane
Old 01-02-13, 10:33 PM
balindamood
Wrench Savant

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 38 Posts
Thanks Skidoo for the cranks!!!
Old 01-03-13, 06:42 PM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 584 Post(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 574 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by seedsbelize
será
Doh!