Notices

Spec. Allez Recall

Old 02-17-18, 10:46 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18349 Post(s)
Liked 4,502 Times in 3,346 Posts
Glad to hear that Specialized is painting the forks to match the original frame colors.

So often they send out a generic, one color fits all fork.
Old 02-17-18, 02:36 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Glad to hear that Specialized is painting the forks to match the original frame colors.

So often they send out a generic, one color fits all fork.

I just talked to my dealer about 1 hour ago. So here is how it will go according to his specialized rep. If you got your bike on the "list" right away with your dealer you will get the first run of forks. The first recall was back in December I think it was. He said probably by the end of this month. If you are just getting on the list after the first recall so after the first of the year claims you will not get a fork until the end of March now or April. I am on the first run thank goodness!! I would be pretty upset if I had to wait until April to ride my brand new bike! They have to fill 40,000 forks at the moment with bikes that were already sold and sitting at dealers waiting to be sold. There were only 13,000 sold before the recall, very small amount and those will be first priority for the dealers if they got on the "magic list" early enough.

YES, I am glad I will get matching forks. Last time there was a massive fork recall everyone got unpainted forks and you got what you got...I would have been mad as heck if that would have happened to me!
Old 02-17-18, 10:01 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18349 Post(s)
Liked 4,502 Times in 3,346 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmc530
YES, I am glad I will get matching forks. Last time there was a massive fork recall everyone got unpainted forks and you got what you got...I would have been mad as heck if that would have happened to me!
I have a Tricross that I picked up used... but with a pretty bland looking fork. At least the replacement fork is carbon fiber.
Old 02-18-18, 08:26 AM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,943 Times in 1,905 Posts

x2... & a better "fix" then what trek did with the dropout issue for there DS bikes...
Old 02-18-18, 09:43 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

I have a Tricross that I picked up used... but with a pretty bland looking fork. At least the replacement fork is carbon fiber.
I would have raised holy heck if they were not carbon. Thats what the bike came with.
Old 02-26-18, 05:05 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

GREAT news, my LBS just called and my new fork is in! Matched to the bike and ready to go, well as soon as they put it on. I am glad I got a claim right away thought. According to my LBS the next round shipped will not be for another 3 weeks EEEEK....that would be well into the riding season probably. I am glad this will be over for me anyways this week.
Old 02-27-18, 02:09 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

One more quick update:

Dropped off bike today and the forks are super nice. Specialized did right. The stock/defective forks were carbon but had an aluminum tube. New ones are all carbon! Color match was perfect and they look nice. I think better because the old version had bolt mounts installed for a front rack that I hated but hey it was there and that is not on the new fork. So much cleaner looking. I am pleased!