Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Fazua Evation

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Fazua Evation

Old 04-02-19, 04:25 AM
Auldian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fazua Evation

I only had my Focus Paralane2 for a few days but have had issues already. Have any users of the Fazua system had any problems with the following.
Breakage of the battery/motor securing lock - not the key style but the simple button recessed into the downtube. Mine broke - piece of plastic inside the lock broke leaving the button loose and sticking out of the frame - luckily the motor unit stayed in place.
Also has anyone experienced the motor coming on and going off rapidly when pedalling up steep hills at low cadence (feels like the clutch is engaging then disengaging). Is this normal?
Any other tips from users who have been using the Fazua system for a while would be useful.
Cheers.
Old 04-04-19, 01:20 PM
tegnamo

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Can you post a photo of the broken part? I think the eject button on the down tube can be removed actually, if you just pull on it gently.
Old 04-04-19, 04:14 PM
Auldian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unable to send photo as bike in dealer to replace part (under warranty I hope !). I realise the button can be removed (this needs to be done to access the adjuster screw used to set the line of the battery case to the frame), but what’s happened to my bike is that the plastic bridge into which that screw is screwed, has broken away from the main body of the lock assembly, leaving the button and its surrounding bezel free to move out of the frame courtesy of the spring. My query about anyone else having similar problems was to gauge if this is a inferior part which will be prone to breaking.
Are you able to help me with the “phasing” action of the motor?
Old 04-04-19, 04:56 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 861 Posts
https://fazua.com/en/
Old 04-05-19, 09:23 AM
tegnamo

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Not sure about your phasing issue unfortunately. Hopefully your dealer can find out.
Old 04-13-19, 01:21 PM
marcomilani@blu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a Pinarello Nytro (Fazua motor) and I am experiencing exactly the "phasing" issue that you have described. I contacted more than one dealer and they promised to get an answer from Fazua but so far no solutions have been provided. I have been told that the issue is a software one as it is enough to change the sensitivity of the pedal pressure sensor. I tried to enter the Fazua software system (Evation service Toolbox) but I could not find any available options. I hate this issue and I am therefore not using the bike.
Old 04-14-19, 07:03 AM
Auldian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
marcomilani@blu sounds like we have the same issue. My firmware is up to date. I assume yours is too. The only extra you get with the dealer Service Toolkit, over the one end users like you and I have access to, appears to be a Calibration Function. This allows the %'s of assisted power delivered at Breeze, River and Rocket to be altered to suit a riders needs, and also to re-calibrate the torque (and possible Cadence) sensors following removal and replacement of the crank arms and chainring spider. I don't think the Calibration facility can alter anything to do with pedal pressure (torque) sensor. Think I agree that it something Fazua has to adjust with a firmware update, assuming of course they are aware some end users are experiencing such a problem! I find the issue is most noticable when cycling uphill in a group where the cadence and speeds can go up and down a lot as other riders get tired or change gears or get out of the saddle and temporarily slow. On a standard bike the micro adjustments to avoid collisions are made seamlessly. Those same adjustments the Fazua system just isn't happy with. Riding on the front of the group, or indeed away from the group is the only way I have found to counter this.
Old 04-14-19, 07:16 AM
Auldian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did a 87mile ride yesterday with over 3500 ft of climbing and the back half of the ride into a 18mph headwind. The average speed was 16.5mph so a lot of the ride was done with no assistance. Careful use of the motor (only on the hills) allowed the battery to last the whole way (it went totally flat yards from my house). I have to say that apart from the climbs the rest of the ride was far from enjoyable especially the 30+ miles into the headwind with no motor assist (rolling terrain and battery switch off to conserve power for climbs at end of the ride). With the aerodynamics of a brick and the 15kg weight (bottles cameras saddle bag etc) the windward leg was made all the more difficult, in fact bloody hard. Got the Paralane2 to help me stay with my club mates on our normal 60 - 80 mile rides, but I think I will have to reevaluate the benefits of an eBike for this sort of use. For someone who is prepared to ride 30 miles or so within the 25kph EU legal limit, and enjoy the feel of a drop bar road bike, these are perfect. Perhaps need to wait till the overall weight comes down and the battery life increases to make it a viable option for a dedicated club cyclist with health issues.
Old 04-14-19, 10:23 PM
marcomilani@blu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I completely share your view. The only difference is that, for long rides, I carry a spare battery in my backpack. What
is noticeable, though, is that I have also a Bianchi Impulso e-road with a Polini motor, which does't suffer at all from such a problem.
Old 05-18-19, 02:16 PM
PhilipB

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Motor cut out at low cadence on steep climb

I have a Cube Agree Hybrid purchased a week ago with the Fazua Evation system and have the same problem with motor stopping and then starting on steep climbs at low cadence. Have contacted Fazua with regard to this problem and will keep forum posted if any positive information received. I bought this bike to climb a steep hill home! Not suitable!

Last edited by PhilipB; 05-20-19 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-20-19, 09:28 AM
PhilipB

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Received a quick response from Fazua :-

"Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in our e-bike motor system.

As you describe it i assume as well too low cadence as the root cause.
As the optimal support depends on the cadence and torque. Hereby we demand from our drivers a round kick and constant pedal pressure,
just to get the optimal support from our system. Should an irregular kick or not even pedal pressure take place, in exceptional cases, it may be that the system feels that it is losing performance or support."

It seems down to low cadence and not having a smooth pedal stroke! Have arranged to take to dealer to have software checked,
Likes For PhilipB:
Old 05-26-19, 11:10 PM
marcomilani@blu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I contacted Fazua too. They were very cooperative. I described the issue on a phone call and finally they offered to remotely connect to my bike via my computer. They checked everything and everything, unfortunately, was ok. No solution, for the moment. The day after I bought a Bianchi Aria e-road (Ebikemotion X35 motor in the rear hub) and traded in my Pinarello. The Bianchi works very well. It is a pity, though, as I liked the Pinarello a lot.
Old 05-27-19, 09:09 AM
Auldian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
marcpmillani@blu is it the carbon Aria you got? Is it the same weight or lighter? Any other comparisons you could give on the Ebikemotion system would be useful.
Old 05-30-19, 12:19 AM
marcomilani@blu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, it's the carbon model. The bike, according to my scale, is 12 kg with motor and battery but no pedals. On the same scale the Pinarello was 13.6 kg. The impression is that the support you get by the motor is very similar in the two bikes. The difference is that, when you release for a moment the pressure on the pedals, the Bianchi motor keeps pushing for a fraction of a second: you don't get stopped on a steep hill and can keep a constant speed. I was concerned about the motor being in the rear hub but I don't actually perceive any difference in comparison with the Fazua. The Bianchi is Shimano and the Pinarello was Sram: both ok. Sram brakes are better and more silent. Both are 55 size but Bianchi is slightly smaller.
Old 05-30-19, 08:16 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 603 Posts
I've seen the Bianchi, and it's constructed beautifully. Did you install a rear tire with "flat protection". I would be concerned about changing a flat on the road.
Old 05-31-19, 12:36 AM
marcomilani@blu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No, I didn't. I changed the rear tyre in my garage and it was not more difficult than a traditional bike. You just need to carry an 8 mm allen key to loosen the two nuts and disconnect the electric wire plug.
Old 05-31-19, 09:12 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 603 Posts
Originally Posted by marcomilani@blu
No, I didn't. I changed the rear tyre in my garage and it was not more difficult than a traditional bike. You just need to carry an 8 mm allen key to loosen the two nuts and disconnect the electric wire plug.
That's encouraging they made it easy to disconnect the motor. The light motor helps too.
Old 06-01-19, 02:01 AM
marcomilani@blu

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ebikemotion. Something I discovered yesterday. On a flat or very light gradient (1%) if you start pedalling and then you reduce heavily the pedalling frequency, without making any effort, the motor keeps pushing, gaining speed up to the maximum that it can achieve. If you keep moving the pedals it goes ahead, if you stop moving your legs the motor stops. I think it is related to the fact that the system has no sensor on the pedal pressure. Obviously on steeper gradients the motor has not enough power to push the bike without human help.
Old 06-08-19, 10:16 AM
PhilipB

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Had another mail from Fazua explaining their system:

"Thank you for your mail and the report. We get this question from time to time and this behavior of the engine is known to us. However, this is not a fault on the engine or the battery.
Our engine works according to the data and values ​​transmitted from the bottom bracket gearbox."

Borrowed another drivepack and did a comparison test - same result, motor 'phasing' on steep long climbs. Can only assume unless Fazua introduce new software nothing will change. 99.5% of time I have no problem and am happy with it. Steep and long climbs - not happy.
Old 12-03-19, 04:40 PM
Alan Everitt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Alan

Originally Posted by marcomilani@blu
I have a Pinarello Nytro (Fazua motor) and I am experiencing exactly the "phasing" issue that you have described. I contacted more than one dealer and they promised to get an answer from Fazua but so far no solutions have been provided. I have been told that the issue is a software one as it is enough to change the sensitivity of the pedal pressure sensor. I tried to enter the Fazua software system (Evation service Toolbox) but I could not find any available options. I hate this issue and I am therefore not using the bike.
I also have this issue with my Pinarello Nytro exactly the same. I have contacted Fazua and all they coluld suggest was tto check the tightness of the bolts on the drive. Iagrre it seems like a torque sensor problem, it's very annoying. I now have another problem whilst out on a ride today the system suddenly cut out, immediately prior tothis happening there were four bars showing on the remote. The battery was fully charged on beginning the ride, also there is now an orange light on the remote. I tried rebooting the battery but to no avail. The Fazua toolbox is showing soft fault 52 battery and hard fault 11 - 36 v , I've emailed Fazua and am awaiting their reply. anyone else had this issue?
Alan
Old 12-29-19, 04:05 AM
Regoak

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Auldian
Unable to send photo as bike in dealer to replace part (under warranty I hope !). I realise the button can be removed (this needs to be done to access the adjuster screw used to set the line of the battery case to the frame), but what’s happened to my bike is that the plastic bridge into which that screw is screwed, has broken away from the main body of the lock assembly, leaving the button and its surrounding bezel free to move out of the frame courtesy of the spring. My query about anyone else having similar problems was to gauge if this is a inferior part which will be prone to breaking.

Same for me, I am using a toe strap to hold battery in place until the lock is sorted. Possibly the new px lock if supplied under warranty will prevent this happening again. I am also plagued with the bottom bracket securing screws working loose on a regular basis. I do have some regrets about going for the Fazua system.
Old 12-29-19, 04:10 AM
Regoak

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Auldian

Same for me, I am using a toe strap to hold battery in place until the lock is sorted. Possibly the new px lock if supplied under warranty will prevent this happening again. I am also plagued with the bottom bracket securing screws working loose on a regular basis. I do have some regrets about going for the Fazua system.
Old 09-18-20, 01:03 PM
guzzibat

Bikes: Cube - ebike and giant nrs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Phasing Fazua

Sorry for the late post

Anyway I also have a Cube Agree hybrid and it’s worked (almost) faultlessly for several months now.

However while it’s still less than a year old it didn’t have a Bluetooth remote to allow my garmin to get the power meter function from the bottom bracket - after many emails to Fazua I finally got a replacement, fitted it and on the first ride if got the dreaded phasing problem - it felt like it was repeatedly powering up and braking while climbing up hills 🥴 the steeper the hill the worse the effect.

The good news is that it corrected itself toward the end of the ride (after 40 miles) and worked a treat for the 10 miles to home.

Now - other observations:-

1. When the battery/motor was installed the the top battery level LED on the new remote control was always green (this never happened with the old non Bluetooth remote). It stayed on regardless of what power was selected (including none) - at the 40 mile mark, when the battery indicator was at around 50% (5 LEDs) the green LED at the top went off the phasing problem stopped 🥴

2. the bottom bracket has a removable plate with what looks to be a circuit card and sensor built in (I assume this is what monitors cadence and pedal torque/pressure). The sensor itself is covered in grease. I have a suspicion this, if disturbed, can interfere with the sensor‘S performance and when fitting the new remote I may have disturbed this causing the problem (doesn’t explain the green LED mind).

As it stands I’m not sure all is well yet but fingers crossed - I’ll try it again on Sunday and post my findings - as I said fingers crossed.

If the problem returns I guess I’ll need to discuss it with Fazua - but the good news is the problem was obviously because of something I did when replacing the remote and removing/replacing the sensor, so whatever that was should therefore be correctable.

Cheers - keep you posted
Old 09-19-20, 03:14 AM
Pzn777

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by guzzibat
Sorry for the late post

Anyway I also have a Cube Agree hybrid and it’s worked (almost) faultlessly for several months now.

However while it’s still less than a year old it didn’t have a Bluetooth remote to allow my garmin to get the power meter function from the bottom bracket - after many emails to Fazua I finally got a replacement, fitted it and on the first ride if got the dreaded phasing problem - it felt like it was repeatedly powering up and braking while climbing up hills 🥴 the steeper the hill the worse the effect.

The good news is that it corrected itself toward the end of the ride (after 40 miles) and worked a treat for the 10 miles to home.

Now - other observations:-

1. When the battery/motor was installed the the top battery level LED on the new remote control was always green (this never happened with the old non Bluetooth remote). It stayed on regardless of what power was selected (including none) - at the 40 mile mark, when the battery indicator was at around 50% (5 LEDs) the green LED at the top went off the phasing problem stopped 🥴

2. the bottom bracket has a removable plate with what looks to be a circuit card and sensor built in (I assume this is what monitors cadence and pedal torque/pressure). The sensor itself is covered in grease. I have a suspicion this, if disturbed, can interfere with the sensor‘S performance and when fitting the new remote I may have disturbed this causing the problem (doesn’t explain the green LED mind).

As it stands I’m not sure all is well yet but fingers crossed - I’ll try it again on Sunday and post my findings - as I said fingers crossed.

If the problem returns I guess I’ll need to discuss it with Fazua - but the good news is the problem was obviously because of something I did when replacing the remote and removing/replacing the sensor, so whatever that was should therefore be correctable.

Cheers - keep you posted
Hello, I have the same problem as you, the green LED is on, can you put a picture of a removable plate with a sensor?
Old 09-21-20, 01:28 PM
guzzibat

Bikes: Cube - ebike and giant nrs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still there

Update - problem still there but not as bad I got the new remote with Bluetooth and can connect to my Garmin but…

Couple of issues:-

The power meter when connected to my Garmin edge 830 shows spikes of power in excess of 1KW and sometimes over 2KW (I’m lucky if I can achieve 500w ☹) see first image – this causes the averages to be wildly inaccurate and, I believe, sometimes causes the Garmin to (partially) crash and stop detecting the power, heart rate monitor and cadence – see second image - until completely reset.

Sometimes the motor still surges – with the power delivery stopping and starting while pedalling up hill – this happens in all 3 modes (breeze, river & stream) and at different battery levels, but mostly when full or above 50% - but the problem isn’t there all the time and after the first ride with it on Friday it mostly works as expected giving smooth power support in line with pedal effort. I think this only started after the remote was changed – although I kind of remember it happening to a lesser degree when the battery was nearly flat a couple of months ago - and I have a feeling it may be related to the power detection problem above? - I searched the internet for this problem and it appears several people are also experiencing this ‘power surging’ problem.

Finally the top LED on the new remote now turns green most of the time regardless of the power selected and the battery level (see below) – the old non Bluetooth unit never did this – is it an indicator of something?

Ive emailed Fazua and asked them to please let me have their thoughts on the above – I love the Fazua unit and have it on 2 bikes (one in the UK and one in Spain) and if I can get this sorted it’ll be perfect.

ill send the sensor video later

Last edited by guzzibat; 09-21-20 at 01:50 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.