Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hot day nutrition?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Hot day nutrition?

Old 07-18-19, 07:52 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by UniChris
Actually this was in Connecticut. Previous rides I've done in New York were a lot nicer once I got north of a ridge in Yonkers about five miles from where I start - did my first century last August on what felt like a hot but not unreasonable day in Westchester then got off a train back to the city and found it still unbearable there at midnight.

Riding a century in the city defies my imagination, this will be the last year they run the event that was about that.
Oh, you are the unicycle guy. Cool. I'm from Long Island and I'm familiar with the geography. We used to take the ferry from Pt. Jefferson to Bridgeport and ride the Blooming Metric in May.

My first year in Georgia was an eye opener. Every year in April it shoots up to the 80's and the runners and cyclists are complaining, dragging their feet, pace is way off, etc. The same thing happens in June when the temps rise to the mid 90's. The first few days are brutal. Then everyone calms down and goes about their business.

I just don't think northerners are as acclimated to the heat. That isn't an insult, just an observation. One would expect an Eskimo to be uncomfortable in the desert. I also don't think specific foods are the issue. Hydrate, pace may have to be slowed and distance shortened but ride in the heat enough and you will get used to it.

Also keep in mind that nausea is a sign of heat stress, usually related to salt depletion. Your body is rejecting food to keep blood from flowing to the stomach muscles. Instead it wants to keep blood flowing to the brain. Do anything you can to reduce the temperature of your core. Lots of cold water if you can get it. Pour water on yourself. A superlight summer jersey will help. Look into Endurolytes.

https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exerci...t-exhaustion#1

https://www.medicinenet.com/heat_exhaustion/article.htm

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 07-18-19 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-18-19, 08:19 AM
NoWhammies

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, BH G7, Rocky Mountain Instinct C70

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 512 Times in 306 Posts
Shotblocks for me. I also hydrate as much as possible. And while I don't drink the stuff at any other time, if I'm suffering and I ride past a Kwik-E-Mart I'll pop in and purchase a can of Coke.
Old 07-18-19, 08:29 AM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka

I debated the soft-serve frozen yogurt place at my last stop, perhaps should have. I'm fine with dairy, just wasn't sure if it was the right thing in the heat. Got a frozen ice cream sandwich on an early distance ride and didn't feel it was a great choice, though occasional ice cream truck patronage on shorter rides has been nice. Perhaps next time I'll give it a try.
Old 07-18-19, 08:38 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

These things are good...

Old 07-18-19, 08:47 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
I've done several 100-200 mile gravel rides in the midwest in the 80s and 90s with high humidity and a high dewpoint.

After several years I've dialed in my nutrition and hydration but I still haven't found the perfect formula. But here are some things that I have learned. They may or may not work for you.

First -- acclimatization is huge. A few weeks before my biggest ride I'll start doing some sauna training.

Second -- drinking pure water for several hours without replacing electrolytes and nutrients is a good way to go to the hospital. (See hypernatremia.) I've had three friends go to the hospital either during or directly after Dirty Kanza. I drink a drink mix now (Skratch), but fairly well diluted because sugar gets old after several hours in the heat.

Third -- sugar gets old after several hours in the heat. Have a variety of nutrition options. Savory/salty options (sweet potatoes and peanut butter, for instance) work for me. A well-timed bag of potato chips works wonders.

Fourth -- I never know exactly what my body is going to do after 100 miles and with the heat all bets are off. So I have a variety of options. I try to stick with foods that I've tried in the past and I know that my stomach will tolerate, but I usually throw one or two different things in there because who knows what's going to sound good out there? This year at Dirty Kanza I had lots of medjool dates, some Epic bars, a couple peanut butter/honey ball things, a couple mini-pies from the Feedzone Portables cookbook, and these little Rice/Ginger ball things from the Feedzone Portables cookbook. As it turned out, the Rice balls were the only thing I could choke down 8 hours into the ride, in the worst of the afternoon heat. The ginger helped calm my stomach down, apparently.

Fifth -- Your body can only digest about 250 calories/hour (plus or minus 50) and you will burn more than that, so don't try to replace calories. Just fuel. Rule of thumb I shoot for is 200-ish calories of mostly carbs every hour, with some protein every third hour.

Sixth -- this is just my stomach but I can't deal with dairy before, during, or after a ride. But especially during.
Old 07-18-19, 12:17 PM
u235

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts
You can be 100% fully hydrated and topped off food wise and still get overheated. You can sweat at max ability and have the hydration to support that. That sweat can evaporate at max rate possible for the conditions. That is the best you can get. If that is not enough heat shed to keep you cool, you will overheat. Proper hydration is not a free ticket to any amount of extreme heat or exercise, it only sets you up for the best possible chance. What someone said above, once you have the uncomfortable stomach and queasy feeling you are in the stages of heat stress meaning you are actively overheating. Finding the right food that you can tolerate in that state is not the answer. Maybe you were a little dehydrated and not sweating at max ability and some fluids can turn it around. Maybe you were already "topped off" and it is what it is. It's time to cool your body down somehow some other way. Go stick your head under a hose, dump a water bottle on your head, sit in the shade, ride around really slow in the shade and get a slight breeze. You can try to ride it out but I've found that feeling lasts for hours after the ride, drinking a lot of water two hours after you are done still feels uncomfortable. One of the worst helpless feelings is riding hard in the sun for a while and coming to a stop on the 150F pavement with no breeze next to a hot car reflecting even more heat while you are waiting for that green light. I guess another one is finding some shade on a trail but there is no breeze and tons of mosquitoes and biting flies.

Last edited by u235; 07-18-19 at 03:14 PM.
Likes For u235:
Old 07-18-19, 07:26 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
A bit of a tangent here, but I have decided that @UniChris has to have a pinwheel on him when he rides if he wants to keep posting on a bicycle forum. He has to have two wheels, but no one said they both have to be weight-bearing.
Old 07-18-19, 07:32 PM
UniChris

Originally Posted by livedarklions
A bit of a tangent here, but I have decided that @UniChris has to have a pinwheel on him when he rides if he wants to keep posting on a bicycle forum. He has to have two wheels, but no one said they both have to be weight-bearing.
What if I found an actual farthing?
Likes For UniChris:
Old 07-18-19, 07:56 PM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 609 Times in 458 Posts
I wear a under armour long sleeve compression "heat gear" shirt in white. I find the UA brand to be lighter then a similar looking champion brand. It helps reflect sunlight and has really helped me out. If this isn't for you consider sunblock.

Also how fast do you travel? You might consider a large Panama hat to keep the sun off. On my bike I go fast enough to always have a breeze.

I also am a huge Hammer fan. They have a really nice beginner endurance package that comes with a variety of their products and some pamphlets on how to fuel for endurance. I really like their fizz tablets and HEED mix.

Of course there are cheaper diy alternatives which are just as good. I just found I had the $$ and their guides really helped me out.

You should be doing a bottle an hour of liquid and electrolyte. You should be consuming only ~ 150 calories per hour and a little protein.
Old 07-19-19, 12:27 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 3,864 Times in 2,578 Posts
People have made good suggestions about the heat and not being down totally to nutrition. However in terms of nutrition I like the SIS Isotonic energy gels a lot especially on hot days as they can be taken without water. I also highly recommend Nuun tablets for water as sometimes you cannot drink anymore water because it lacks the other nutrients that your body won't get from just water but have lost. I have also in the past used powdered coconut water but at that time they didn't have them in tablets so the powder tended to get outside moisture and turn into hard chunks (which were quite tasty but not what I wanted in water) Anything where you can get hydrated and replace things is important.

For actual food, certainly gels like the Clif Gels or GU are great for quick energy and chews like Clif Shot Bloks or ProBar Chews or if you are into it Floyd's of Leadville CBD chews are quite similar. Though if you want more food I have found the Clif savory pouches to be great and fairly easy to put down. Many pro cyclists also use homemade rice cakes (or soigneur made) with different things in them. They are generally easier to digest and if you size them right can work well while riding.

One other good thing is different more odd flavors can be nice. One of my favorite snacks while touring or longer easier paced rides is the Sahale Snacks nuts It isn't one flavor or texture and the Thai Cashews for instance also have soy sauce and spice with the sweet and your palate will thank you for that because it is a delicious shock from eating just sweet stuff a lot or more plain flavored stuff. However sometimes plain flavors can be easier to get down in the heat.

Keep as cool as possible and drink plenty of fluids and stop if you need to. Ain't no winning if you bonk out or feel like hurling at the end. The only podium you should care about is the Camelbak water bottle holding your water or drink mix equipped water. In summer time sometimes I will wear my sun sleeves which are usually cooling and when I go to bathroom I will usually get them nice and wet while washing my hands for extra cooling (I try to avoid wasting drinking water) or I might wet them beforehand. I also will wear a cycling cap and get that wet as well to keep my head cool.
Old 07-19-19, 04:01 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 329 Posts
I debated the soft-serve frozen yogurt place at my last stop, perhaps should have. I'm fine with dairy, just wasn't sure if it was the right thing in the heat. Got a frozen ice cream sandwich on an early distance ride and didn't feel it was a great choice, though occasional ice cream truck patronage on shorter rides has been nice. Perhaps next time I'll give it a try.
The thing is, both the choices I posted aren't just dairy.

The ingredients of the Weis Mango and Ice Cream bar are:

Mango Fruit Ice Confection: Mango (40%), Water, Sugar, Glucose Syrup (From Maize), Milk Solids, Natural Colour (160b), Food Acid (330).

Ice Cream: Cream (46%), Water, Sugar, Glucose Syrup (From Maize), Milk Solids.

.............................. Per serve . Per 100G
Energy (kj) ............. 469 ........ 587
Energy (cal) ............ 112 ........ 140
Protein (g) .............. 0.9 ........ 1.2
Fat, total (g) ........... 3.4 ........ 4.3
Saturated fat (g) ...... 2.6 ........ 3.2
Carbohydrate (g) ..... 19.1 ....... 23.8
Sugar (g) ................ 17.8 ....... 22.3
Sodium (mg) ........... 14 .......... 18

The Splice Pine Lime bars are:

Pine Lime Flavoured Fruit Ice Confection Ingredients: Water, reconstituted fruit juice (24%) (pineapple, lime), cane sugar, glucose syrup (from wheat), food acid (330), gelatine, flavours, colours (141, 100). Vanilla Flavoured Reduced Fat^ Ice Cream Ingredients: Dairy ingredients (reconstituted buttermilk and/or reconstituted skim milk, milk solids, cream), cane sugar, glucose syrup (from wheat), maltodextrin, emulsifier (471), flavours, vegetable gums (412, 410, 407), colour (160b). ^Contains min. 5% milkfat and min. 25% less milkfat than standard ice cream.

..............................Per Portion ....... Per 100g
Energy ................... 79kcal/331kJ ... 128kcal/534kJ
Protein ................... 0.7g ............... 1.2g
Fat -Total ................ 1.3g ............... 2.1g
-Saturated .............. 0.9g ............... 1.5g
Carbohydrates ......... 15.7g .............. 25.3g
-Sugars .................. 11.5g .............. 18.5g
Sodium .................. 10mg .............. 20mg

So then, if you look up mangos ... you'll see that 100 grams have 156 mg of potassium. Most fruits do have potassium which is one of the electrolytes. Pineapple and lime also have potassium.
https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts...-juices/1952/2

You're not going to get a lot of potassium or sodium, but there is a bit in those bars. And they're refreshing.

100% pure orange juice is another one with a lot of potassium. 100 grams has 674 mg, so a 400 ml bottle would have about 2700 mg. Bananas don't have that much!

On hot rides I've been known to eat beef jerky or potato chips (lots of sodium) and wash it down with orange juice.
Old 07-19-19, 06:12 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Dairy isn't a problem.

An ice cold bottle of milk is great on a hot ride.

Lots of protein, hydrates, wholesome and natural - isn't engineered in a test tube and manufactured in a vat in some factory.
Old 07-19-19, 06:42 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Dairy isn't a problem.

An ice cold bottle of milk is great on a hot ride.

Lots of protein, hydrates, wholesome and natural - isn't engineered in a test tube and manufactured in a vat in some factory.

Well ... for some of us it's a problem.

An ice cold bottle of milk would have me looking for an isolated spot with lots of leaves.
Likes For Machka:
Old 07-19-19, 08:59 AM
UniChris

Originally Posted by GrainBrain
I wear a under armour long sleeve compression "heat gear" shirt in white. I find the UA brand to be lighter then a similar looking champion brand. It helps reflect sunlight and has really helped me out. If this isn't for you consider sunblock.
I wear something very similar (bought oversize to fit more like a t-shirt) in a hi-vis yellow. Bought a white one recently when yellow was out of stock, promptly fell over sideways into mud in the first ten minutes of the first ride wearing it ;-) And it just doesn't come out of those fabrics.

Unfortunately over a long day it chafes/burns my lower back, ended up using as much chamois butter there as in the usual place. Haven't figured that problem out yet, just decided I could live with it again to get this ride in. It didn't happen on comparable rides last year, unfortunately I weigh slightly more this summer so it might be a change in fit driving it.

Also how fast do you travel? You might consider a large Panama hat to keep the sun off. On my bike I go fast enough to always have a breeze.
Fast enough to have a breeze, slow enough to wear a giant da-brim helmet brim. Something I do keep meaning to do however is to figure out a sun cover for the helmet vents that still permits airflow, unlike my current stretchy one. Ideally I'd also figure out a solution to use the centerless brim as a sort of hat if I ended up having to hike out of circumstances where I couldn't ride, while the sun was still up.

I also am a huge Hammer fan. They have a really nice beginner endurance package that comes with a variety of their products and some pamphlets on how to fuel for endurance. I really like their fizz tablets and HEED mix.
Seems like it may be time to try this.

Last edited by UniChris; 07-19-19 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-19-19, 09:03 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by GrainBrain
I also am a huge Hammer fan.
As am I.

Likes For ksryder:
Old 07-19-19, 09:24 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Originally Posted by Machka
Well ... for some of us it's a problem.

An ice cold bottle of milk would have me looking for an isolated spot with lots of leaves.
Maybe it is a cultural thing.

Americans tend to grow up on diets with lots of dairy.
Old 07-19-19, 09:26 AM
UniChris

Originally Posted by veganbikes
People have made good suggestions about the heat and not being down totally to nutrition. However in terms of nutrition I like the SIS Isotonic energy gels a lot especially on hot days as they can be taken without water. I also highly recommend Nuun tablets for water as sometimes you cannot drink anymore water because it lacks the other nutrients that your body won't get from just water but have lost. I have also in the past used powdered coconut water but at that time they didn't have them in tablets so the powder tended to get outside moisture and turn into hard chunks (which were quite tasty but not what I wanted in water) Anything where you can get hydrated and replace things is important.
I was drinking mostly mixed up gatorade powder with added sodium and potassium salts, or water with just a Nuun tablet, or purchased powerade with nuun a tablet dropped in. Had a couple incidents of actual or near vomiting from straight water a few years back when I first stated doing distance rides and so have been very wary since then - I'll drink water early in the morning, but later on the volume of what I drink is augmented, followed with a little yet-unmixed water mostly to rinse the other stuff out of my mouth or get solid food down.

Someone I was planning to do a moderate ride with at the end of August was recommending coconut water, might have to try that sometime.

For actual food, certainly gels like the Clif Gels or GU are great for quick energy and chews like Clif Shot Bloks or ProBar Chews or if you are into it Floyd's of Leadville CBD chews are quite similar. Though if you want more food I have found the Clif savory pouches to be great and fairly easy to put down. Many pro cyclists also use homemade rice cakes (or soigneur made) with different things in them. They are generally easier to digest and if you size them right can work well while riding.
I'm going to have to try the actual gels or shots I guess. The rice cakes are an interesting idea, I so rarely even eat white (vs brown) rice that the stuff is like candy.

One other good thing is different more odd flavors can be nice. One of my favorite snacks while touring or longer easier paced rides is the Sahale Snacks nuts It isn't one flavor or texture and the Thai Cashews for instance also have soy sauce and spice with the sweet and your palate will thank you for that because it is a delicious shock from eating just sweet stuff a lot or more plain flavored stuff. However sometimes plain flavors can be easier to get down in the heat.
Lots of coffee in the 4am range didn't quite have the intended result before setting out, which lead to being a little wary of strong flavors though yes, some kick can be nice. Had a bag of wasabi and soy almonds waiting at home it took real willpower not to dig into in advance, but did bring some more mild ones along and realized that by late afternoon any effect of the flavor and fiber would be safely later so nibbled on some at cool-down stops.

Keep as cool as possible and drink plenty of fluids and stop if you need to. Ain't no winning if you bonk out or feel like hurling at the end. The only podium you should care about is the Camelbak water bottle holding your water or drink mix equipped water. In summer time sometimes I will wear my sun sleeves which are usually cooling and when I go to bathroom I will usually get them nice and wet while washing my hands for extra cooling (I try to avoid wasting drinking water) or I might wet them beforehand. I also will wear a cycling cap and get that wet as well to keep my head cool.
I ended up buying gallon jugs of water at my rest stops, so would often take the stale water left in bottles and pour it on my long sleeves. Rinsed out my headsweats in a water fountain when I found one (learned yesterday I've now ridden by another water fountain at an absolutely heat critical stretch no less than 3 times without seeing it, though at least this time my planned stops provided more than enough water to actually drink). At one point in the afternoon an office park had sprinklers carelessly covering the trail, decided not to ride through the way a guy who passed me did (remembering the time when pouring water over my head just caused it to end up in my shorts) but after walking around went back and carefully drenched my sleeves and headsweats in one.

Maybe I should have taken advantage of the river people were swimming in, actually had an extra pair of bike shorts along, and guess I could have changed to them in the wheelchair-sized outhouse, but didn't think of it at the time. Was definitely eyeing the town pool I rode by on last month's century.

I wrote some code a while back to extract my rest breaks from a gpx file and going through them, was surprised to find that a lot of my late afternoon critical energy/heat shade breaks in the afternoon were a lot shorter than I expected - 5 to 7 minute range. The overall total of non-riding time was insane as it always has been, but those specifically were less a factor than I'd expected. The stops to purchase water, refill bottles, mix drink power, etc always seem to eat up lots of time, everything from waiting to get across intersections to wander store aisles trying to find something suitable to trying to find a trash can for the empty gallon jug.

Last edited by UniChris; 07-19-19 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-19-19, 09:34 AM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2575 Post(s)
Liked 1,900 Times in 1,192 Posts
A lady in a brevet control/convenience store out in the middle of Nowhere, KY, told us the tale of working at an un-air conditioned factory and people overheating. Management finally started giving out free popsicles during the 3:00 break. Helped on that ride, too!
Old 07-19-19, 11:41 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5218 Post(s)
Liked 3,564 Times in 2,331 Posts
last night I took some doses of

magnesium
potassium
calcium

these morning's 1.5 hr ride was cool

brought more of the same to work which I will take an hour or two before my 2 hr ride home in 90+ degrees & I'll sprinkle a tiny bit of salt in ea. of 2 water bottles
Old 07-19-19, 01:47 PM
jbell_64

Bikes: Trek fx 7.2, Raleigh Tamland

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Slimfast or ensure shakes. Easily digestible and full of good stuff.
Old 07-19-19, 02:48 PM
Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Be careful here. You might have been flirting with heat stroke, which has little to do with food.

Sounds like you were in heat exhaustion, and your breaks in the shade were what saved you. You might have to make some rules about what weather you will and won't do centuries in. This really isn't something you want to screw with.

^^^ What he said. All of it. Nausea is a symptom. Headache and flushed skin, drenching sweat, clammy skin with little sweat, all bad news.

This is serious stuff. And has nothing to do with "toughness".

One day I had to make the "toughest" employee I ever had go sit in the truck with the AC on, while the rest of us kept working. Ecuadorian, but for whatever reason, lack of salt, dehydration maybe, that day he got heat exhaustion. Not heat stroke, good pulse etc. But flushed skin and nausea. He hated sitting in the truck while we worked. I had to send him back twice.
Old 07-19-19, 03:38 PM
UniChris

Originally Posted by jbell_64
Slimfast or ensure shakes. Easily digestible and full of good stuff.
I was seriously wondering about that and might have gotten one along the way if they weren't being sold only in six packs.

But I was also wondering if these would have too much protein and fat to deal with on a hot day. They're supposed to be a complete meal for an ordinary (and likely not all that active) person, not optimized for hot weather athletics.

That said they may work fine, guess it's time to get some and see - seems like we've hit the hot part of the year.
Old 07-19-19, 04:42 PM
jbell_64

Bikes: Trek fx 7.2, Raleigh Tamland

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
I was seriously wondering about that and might have gotten one along the way if they weren't being sold only in six packs.

But I was also wondering if these would have too much protein and fat to deal with on a hot day. They're supposed to be a complete meal for an ordinary (and likely not all that active) person, not optimized for hot weather athletics.

That said they may work fine, guess it's time to get some and see - seems like we've hit the hot part of the year.
I work 10 hour shifts in a forest all summer long. When it gets hot i have no desire to eat solid foods. My lunchbox in the summer contains an ice pack and two shakes. I generally only drink one, but take another just in case.
Old 07-19-19, 04:47 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Eat whatever but drink water.
Old 07-19-19, 04:49 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
What if I found an actual farthing?
Collect it, I don't think Great Britain uses them anymore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.