Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Can anyone identify these dropouts?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-13, 09:44 PM
Otto Rax
Amazing, but true...

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

One of the stranger ones I've come across. Can't find any more or any better of a photo. If anyone has any idea, it would help me out

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hugonnier_routens1_rdrop.jpg (27.8 KB, 108 views)
Old 01-14-13, 11:22 PM
onespeedbiker
Retro Grouch

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hugonnier Routens (the name of the photo file is hugonnier_routens_rdrop.jpg. This is the web site it came from. https://www.blackbirdsf.org/french/hugonnier_routens/ A little History, Jo Routens (a champion Randonneur rider) and Hugonnier (his business partner) were amongst the small bike builders that sprang up in France after WWII; they started their bike company in 1945. Most of the bikes they made were utilitarian, however Routens was an expert and innovative frame builder. Routens' Randonneur bicycles and tandems were built around the newer components at the time and one of the first to use vertical dropouts with hangers long before they were main stream. His quality bikes are quite rare are really cool to look at because of the unique designs built into them.

Last edited by onespeedbiker; 01-15-13 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-15-13, 06:24 AM
Shaneferd

Bikes: Bike(s)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've seen them on earlier constructeur frames, but have yet to discover their maker.

Here is a link to view a vélo that incorporate this proprietary mudguard stay threading front & rear.

https://www.reneherse.com/Charrelfab.html

Paul Charrel; much respect!

https://anciensveloslyonnais.weebly.c...rrel-paul.html
Old 07-10-17, 10:19 AM
LouB 
Old guy on a Bike

Bikes: Trek 7.4, Gitane Super Corsa '71, Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, Charrel '78, Tommasini Diamante, Trek Verve+

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
This is a very old post so please excuse if no longer pertinent. Here is a photo of the drop outs on a Paul Charrel I recently acquired. I'm looking for other Charrel owners to get some details as we rebuild this bicycle bult-I believe-in 1978. I've serached the internet and there is some, but not much info on this maker's cycles. I especially need info regarding the generator actuating cable and lever that mounts on the seal post. Also, the lighting wiring.
Thanks
Lou
Attached Images