Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1998 Devinci Ford Bile

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-20, 12:29 PM
Archangel65

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1998 Devinci Ford Bike

From what I've been able to gather, this Made in Canada bike, was offered as an optional package deal in Canada with Ford Dealerships when you purchased certain vehicles. Rock Shox Jett front forks, Mavic double walled rims with Parallax rear hub, Shimano Acera front wheel hub, front & rear derailleur, front & rear brakes, IG chain, pedal cranks, WTB saddle. Currently set up with a Dimensional stem and Answer Pro-Taper handle bars, Original stem and bars have been kept. New Michelin Wild Grip'R tires. The original funky blue/green Grip'R tires have also been kept. Overall the bike is in pretty good condition and has had little use.

Probably not many of these bikes rolling around in the U.S. so I would assume it is rare to find one in this well-kept condition. I would also think this bike would be worth more to a collector than a rider due to it's last century technology. I have pics, but unable to submit post with them for some reason.

Last edited by Archangel65; 08-01-20 at 01:18 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 08-01-20, 01:12 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Rarity does not always equate to valuable or collectible. This is far from a "Team" bicycle. At the time, Acera was 6th in Shimano's line of ATB groups and Jett was bottom of Rock Shox's line. In 1998, comparable models would have sold for ~$450 US. Devinci's top front suspension ATB model at the time was the Moonracer and had an MSRP about 5x this model.

The low recognition Canadian brand name doesn't help with USA market resale.The pandemic is affecting local markets differently, so it's really hard to provide a value without knowing your location. Link to OP's photos: https://www.bikeforums.net/g/user/523892
Old 08-01-20, 01:25 PM
Archangel65

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you T-Mar for the reply and information. I am located in Worcester County in Massachusetts if that would help with an appraisal.
Old 08-03-20, 01:56 PM
asknotshallnot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New here need to reply 10 times
Old 10-18-23, 02:43 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
I realize that this is an older thread but it did answer a question I have regarding a bike I got recently. A bike I like a lot even though it rides like a tractor. That comment is to be taken relatively. I am a vintage road bike rider and it has been many years since I rode a mountain bike. It will take some getting used to.

I agree with T-Mar, rare does not mean worth a lot or sought after. None-the-less, I was about to start a thread regarding the Devinci Ford bikes. I have been looking for a decent old mountain bike for a while now. As luck would have it, three weeks ago, today, the landfill site near my lake cottage coughed up this...

Which I refurbished and now looks like this. All I did was make it road worthy and safe to ride. The clean, spit and polish will come later...