Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Soma appraisal

Old 08-01-20, 10:55 AM
Pedal303

Bikes: LOOK 595, Univega Viva Sport, Peugeot PSV, Trek 1400, Stranger BMX Custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Soma appraisal

Fellas, I have no experience with Soma's. But I think for a 80-100 this looks great. Seller does not have a lot of pics but it seems like a nice flip.

https://denver.craigslist.org/bop/d/...165729708.html

Likes For Pedal303:
Old 08-01-20, 12:25 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Most of the Soma that surface are circa 1978-1983 models manufactured by Kuwahara, so they are decent bicycles. This one appears to be a circa 1980 Soma Prestige, which was a lower mid-range model with plain gauge CrMo. If so, the hidden derailleurs are SunTour Vx/Vx-GT and the crankset a Sugino Super Maxy. Looks pretty clean and in decent condition. Would seemtot be a good deal and at least worth a look. If you acquire the bicycle, I'd appreciate the serial number for my database TIA.