Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Newer Battery Powered bikes ? Thoughts

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Newer Battery Powered bikes ? Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-18, 07:31 PM
gtragitt

Bikes: 2011 Trek SOHO Deluxe, and 2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
last year I rented a downhill mtb, got geared up with a full facemask helmet and body armor, and rode down Snowmass for a day. Gondola up, and coast down. Gondola to chairlift all the way, and coast down. Repeat many more times.

I still have a few scars from a killer flip over the bars.

it was awesome. Some of the best time on a bike ever.
You cheated in riding the gondola.
Old 10-02-18, 04:45 PM
obrentharris 

Bikes: Indeed!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1506 Post(s)
Liked 3,469 Times in 1,131 Posts
How is "Joe" going to compete the sprint for the city limits sign? How is Joe going to go out too hard on the first big hill and blow up before the summit, only to be passed by most of the rest of the group? How is Joe going to spend twice as much time in the wind as any of the rest of us on that long flat stretch around the reservoir, thus gaining our undying admiration? How is Joe going to know the embarrassment of having his turn in the wind cut short by a handful of impatient riders who are none too happy about the fact that he has dropped the pace by 2 mph? How is Joe going to put the 30-miles-and-out bunch in their place by casually announcing at the end of the ride "I think I need a few more miles today. Anyone up for another 100k?"

Joe is fooling himself if he thinks he is sharing the experience with the rest of the group on a competitive ride since, by the very fact that he has a motor, he is no longer one of the competitors.

I have nothing against Joe and his ebike just as I have nothing against equestrians, runners, or motorcyclists but I wouldn't invite any of them on a competitive group ride.

But isn't this a bicycle forum? What the heck am I doing discussing ebikes anyway?

Brent
Old 10-02-18, 06:45 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,693 Times in 2,515 Posts
I thought about moving this thread to the ebike forum, but people could contemplate the notion of simply not responding to it.
Old 10-03-18, 07:06 PM
MarcoBianchi

Bikes: Peugeot Mont Blanc . Bianchi 28c 1980. Coppi Giro di Lombardia. Vitoria Vintage 1990. Orbea Luarca 1977. Trek 950.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
In my group Joe would carry all the bottles, snacks, tubes and other spares.