Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Blendr Stem iPhone 6+ Mount

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 04-20-15, 10:06 AM
JKoby123

Bikes: 2016 Trek CrossRip LTD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Title says it all. Just got a CrossRip LTD, and will be (hopefully) using the stem for my iPhone 6+. However, there doesn't seem to be a lot of options for the 6+. Anyone have any similar issues?

I'm looking to tech out this beast with some badass stuff, like complete phone integration for music, GPS, measurements, etc.

Edit: links for potentials included.

https://www.studioproper.com/products/iphone-bike-mount
https://www.quadlockcase.com/

Last edited by JKoby123; 04-20-15 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-21-15, 07:22 AM
mrl72

Bikes: Giant Escape 3

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in the market for a new case myself. That Studioproper iphone mount is nice, but since they don't have an included case yet for the 6+ looks like you have to buy one of their other cases, so the price shoots up to around $90. Also if you took a spill, I could easily see your phone flying off that thing. At least with a case/mount that's tethered to your phone there are more odds in your favor.

The Quadlock seems to be the better option of the two but I don't know if I'd want to keep that case on my phone all the time. It has a bulge on the back where it clips into the mount, so if you have a case for your phone already, you'd have to keep swapping the phone out to the other one every time you go on a ride.

This is the mount I have but the tether strap broke after only a couple of weeks. This is the one I'm now looking at for my 6+.

Last edited by mrl72; 04-21-15 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-21-15, 09:40 PM
JKoby123

Bikes: 2016 Trek CrossRip LTD

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrl72
I'm in the market for a new case myself. That Studioproper iphone mount is nice, but since they don't have an included case yet for the 6+ looks like you have to buy one of their other cases, so the price shoots up to around $90. Also if you took a spill, I could easily see your phone flying off that thing. At least with a case/mount that's tethered to your phone there are more odds in your favor.

The Quadlock seems to be the better option of the two but I don't know if I'd want to keep that case on my phone all the time. It has a bulge on the back where it clips into the mount, so if you have a case for your phone already, you'd have to keep swapping the phone out to the other one every time you go on a ride.

This is the mount I have but the tether strap broke after only a couple of weeks. This is the one I'm now looking at for my 6+.
Agreed on the proper case. I ended up pulling the trigger on the quad lock. I'll report back after using it for awhile. Good luck with your mount!
Old 04-22-15, 06:50 AM
mrl72

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After you posted the link I went and bought the Quadlock too, so thanks!
Old 04-24-15, 09:38 AM
mrl72

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got mine today. Very nice and super solid!

Old 04-24-15, 09:49 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 180 Posts
Originally Posted by JKoby123
Title says it all. Just got a CrossRip LTD, and will be (hopefully) using the stem for my iPhone 6+. However, there doesn't seem to be a lot of options for the 6+. Anyone have any similar issues?

I'm looking to tech out this beast with some badass stuff, like complete phone integration for music, GPS, measurements, etc.

Edit: links for potentials included.

iPhone Bike Mount | PROPER
Quad Lock ? iPhone Bike Mounts
I've been using the quad lock system for 2 years. It's pretty bulletproof and world really well. Phone is really locked in.

J.