Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Inscyd

Old 12-17-20, 06:12 AM
srode1
Gravel Rocks

Bikes: Trek Domane and Crockett, BH G7, Niner RLT9, RLT9 RDO

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 29 Posts
Inscyd

Anyone here have any experience / thoughts on INSCYD? Curious if this adds value to a training program or if it's lame compared to lab testing.
Old 12-17-20, 08:37 AM
rubiksoval

Bikes: bikes

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2622 Post(s)
Liked 1,429 Times in 711 Posts
Nope. I thought it sounded interesting and enquired and found out you had to have a coach who subscribed to it.

Not sure why I'd want it if I had a coach in the first place? I mean, maybe the coach would want it..., but that defeats the purpose for me.

Anyway, that was a nonstarter.
Old 12-17-20, 10:04 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
I'm more interested in the US release of the CGM for athletes. They "claim" you can use it to optimally fuel workouts with carb (or not fuel). It's Supersapiens. Not for US yet, obviously. Thanks FDA.
Old 12-17-20, 10:14 AM
srode1
Gravel Rocks

Bikes: Trek Domane and Crockett, BH G7, Niner RLT9, RLT9 RDO

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 29 Posts
yeah, it's not really for someone who is self coached but for coaches to use for testing of their athletes without using a lab for data collection and accelerate progress by adjusting the coaching based on the data. I understand there's a fair amount of training for the coach to be able to use the tool and data generated, so probably not cost effective for an individual to use for themselves.