Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Edge Explore & Di2

Old 03-07-21, 02:34 PM
Rhondito

Bikes: 2020 Giant Advanced Revolt 2; 2019 Cannondale Synapse; 2017 Cannondale Habit Lefty; 2010 Blue RD1 (retired)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts
Edge Explore & Di2

I'm trying to pair my Edge Explore with my Di2 groupset so I can control the computer with the buttons on the hoods. I can't get the computer to recognize the Di2 when I try to add it as a new sensor. Any advice? The guys at the bike shop told me this unit would work with my bike, is this correct?
Old 03-07-21, 02:57 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3185 Post(s)
Liked 2,020 Times in 1,158 Posts
Probably because the head unit only knows how to deal with BT audio. Has no built in functionality for anything else. There's no software on the HU. As example, my hearing aids have a BT functionality, but only with an app specifically developed for the iPhone. The BT connection is only a method to get data between devices. I have a Google phone and as the HA manufacturer has not developed an app for Android, I cannot control anything on my HA's.
Old 03-07-21, 03:07 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
And unless you have the latest and greatest DuraAce version of Di2, then you will need to purchase the optional wifi device for your Di2. EW-wu111

The Garmin Edge Explore doesn't list SHIMANO DI2 SYNCHRO SHIFT INTEGRATION as one of it's options features. Don't know if it'll show you anything else or not for Di2.

Last edited by Iride01; 03-07-21 at 04:05 PM.
Likes For Iride01:
Old 03-07-21, 03:35 PM
Rhondito

Bikes: 2020 Giant Advanced Revolt 2; 2019 Cannondale Synapse; 2017 Cannondale Habit Lefty; 2010 Blue RD1 (retired)

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
And unless you have the latest and greatest DuraAce version of Di2, then you will need to purchase the optional wifi device for your Di2. EW-wu111

The Garmin Edge Explore doesn't list SHIMANO DI2 SYNCHRO SHIFT INTEGRATION as one of it's options. Don't know if it'll show you anything else or not for Di2.
Ah... I see. I do have EW-WU111 but it seems the guys were wrong about what all they said my computer would do with it. Thanks so much for the info - looks like I'll be switching out Garmins. Yay.
Old 03-08-21, 08:39 PM
Alphamoose

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Other Garmin models will connect to the Di2, just not that one.
Likes For Alphamoose: