Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Quick 3 vs Sirrus X4

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Quick 3 vs Sirrus X4

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-20, 12:21 PM
Loungerider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quick 3 vs Sirrus X4

Deciding which to buy. Quick 3 is $800 cheaper. Quick 3 is 2x 48-32 crank with 11-34 while sirrus is 1x with 40t crank and 11-42 rear. Slightly different bikes as well. I ride mostly paved paths. 1 significant long hill also. I am not an experienced cyclist. Which will be best experience?

or should I stick to comfort with new specialized roll?
Old 12-13-20, 02:29 PM
Jagamov

Bikes: Specialized Roll Elite LTD, Sirrus X 5.0, Allez Elite

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
I have both a Roll and a Sirrus X. These are 2 completely different bikes.

I know its tough right now to try bikes, but this is where I tell you that you need to try the bikes. You also need to decide if you want a comfort bike or a fitness bike. Totally different geometry.

My Roll is a great cruiser and is fun to just ride around on, but its nothing like my Sirrus X when it comes to riding faster and longer.
Likes For Jagamov:
Old 12-20-20, 09:29 AM
Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels

Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Which one trips your trigger? That is the one to buy!
Old 12-20-20, 05:58 PM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
I ride a 2019 Quick 3 that is a different bike than the one you are looking at as far as mechanicals go. Mine has a 50/34 crank and I have swapped out the rear cogs with a 11/36 because of the hills here. My other bike is a Topstone 105 and the difference between the two is very noticeable. The Quick is a more comfortable bike to go fast on as it feels very stable and solid. The Topstone is nimble and rolls out easy but I feel like I need to keep track of it's direction. The reason I bring this up, as you did not mention the Topstone in you OP is that ,as stated before, you really need to get on the bikes and ride them. At 72 I love to ride the Topstone but am far more secure on the Quick. As the time goes on I more than likely will ride the Quick until I can no longer ride at all. You, on the other hand, need to get the bike that fits your comfort level and style. I can say this, the Quick is all of that with my gearing so speed, for what I am able to produce, is there if the rider can push the pedals. Really, as others before me have already stated, try to get on the bikes you are thinking of and see which of them is best for you. Have gotten rid of the death grip peddle cages and now have a Wahoo computer and not the phone bracket.
Hope this helps a little, Frank.

Old 12-21-20, 01:25 PM
justbob

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus x 4, Specialized Tricross Sport (sold)

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Helderberg, which Wahoo computer do you have?
Thanks
Old 12-21-20, 07:21 PM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
Originally Posted by justbob
Helderberg, which Wahoo computer do you have?
Thanks
Elemint Bolt. I have it synced with Strava and Ride with GPS. You can make up your own routes and send them on to the Bolt. Decent battery life and I think it is good value for the price.
I have had Garmin for my autos for years but I didn't think the completive Garmin was as good a value. Just my opinion. I used my phone with the Strava app for two years and was OK but this is a lot more accurate.
Be safe, Frank.
Likes For Helderberg:
Old 12-21-20, 08:06 PM
Jagamov

Originally Posted by Helderberg
Elemint Bolt. I have it synced with Strava and Ride with GPS. You can make up your own routes and send them on to the Bolt. Decent battery life and I think it is good value for the price.
I have an Elemnt Bolt too and I like it a lot as well. Works perfect with Strava.
Likes For Jagamov:
Old 12-22-20, 03:33 PM
justbob

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus x 4, Specialized Tricross Sport (sold)

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for your replies Helderberg and Jagamov. I placed my name on a wait list for a 2021 Sirrus x4 / x5 whichever arrives first with the dealer.
Likes For justbob:
Old 12-23-20, 09:53 AM
Jagamov

Originally Posted by justbob
Thanks for your replies Helderberg and Jagamov. I placed my name on a wait list for a 2021 Sirrus x4 / x5 whichever arrives first with the dealer.
I think you’re going to love it. The X4 looks like a nice price to option ratio if you don’t need a carbon frame.

Be sure to check out the Sirrus thread and definitely post up yours when you get it. Several of us have made lots of mods and can probably answer a lot of your questions.
Likes For Jagamov: