Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Cycling clothing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-20, 11:58 AM
calstar 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Areba21

My favorite brand, however, is lilpeepmerch. Most people rate their bib shorts, and they are excellent, but its their jerseys that are the best imo. I own the Equip RS jersey, and the fabrics are just so great on the skin.
I went to the site and searched bike shorts, bike bibs, nothing came up, also no bike related items in their category list, where did you find the items?

Last edited by calstar; 12-16-20 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-31-20, 09:04 PM
fifty150

Bikes: 2021 Specialized Allez Elite - Gary Fischer Advanced

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
I recently began riding again and got myself a new 2021 Specialized Allez Elite. I always used to just wear shorts and a T-shirt. When it’s cold i bought some Nike or under armor tights under my shorts. But now that I’m riding farther I realize I need some proper bike clothing. I’m 6-2 and about 215 currently. I measured my waist - 39, hips 44 & chest 44 and look at the sizing guides but they vary from vendor to vendor. It looks like I could fit an XL for one vendor and a XXXL from another.

For me, I hate to purchase some bib shorts without seeing them in person or trying them on. I see a ton of things online and the stuff from China you need to buy a XXXXL but in a Pearl Izumi I might be an XL.

I just ordered a set from the Black Bib Company in XL so hope they fit but for $40 for the basic set it won’t break the bank. I went to the local shop where I live and the stock is limited and the prices start at $100 up. I went to REI and they had one Pearl Izumi bib short in XL and the changing rooms were closed. If anyone has any input on a specific bib short that you like, please reply.
Old 01-01-21, 02:17 AM
Mmassey338
Old guy on a bike

Bikes: Fuji “mountain” bike, Lynskey GR260 & Firefly Allroad

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by fifty150
I recently began riding again and got myself a new 2021 Specialized Allez Elite. I always used to just wear shorts and a T-shirt. When it’s cold i bought some Nike or under armor tights under my shorts. But now that I’m riding farther I realize I need some proper bike clothing. I’m 6-2 and about 215 currently. I measured my waist - 39, hips 44 & chest 44 and look at the sizing guides but they vary from vendor to vendor. It looks like I could fit an XL for one vendor and a XXXL from another.

For me, I hate to purchase some bib shorts without seeing them in person or trying them on. I see a ton of things online and the stuff from China you need to buy a XXXXL but in a Pearl Izumi I might be an XL.

I just ordered a set from the Black Bib Company in XL so hope they fit but for $40 for the basic set it won’t break the bank. I went to the local shop where I live and the stock is limited and the prices start at $100 up. I went to REI and they had one Pearl Izumi bib short in XL and the changing rooms were closed. If anyone has any input on a specific bib short that you like, please reply.
I bought a bib short from Aerotech because they make them for tall guys (6’6”, 240#) and they fit great, but I learned that bibs aren’t for me. They turn a quick pit stop into a major ordeal and weren’t any more comfortable than shorts. YMMV
Old 01-01-21, 11:35 AM
fifty150

Bikes: 2021 Specialized Allez Elite - Gary Fischer Advanced

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Mmassey338
I bought a bib short from Aerotech because they make them for tall guys (6’6”, 240#) and they fit great, but I learned that bibs aren’t for me. They turn a quick pit stop into a major ordeal and weren’t any more comfortable than shorts. YMMV
I can see the downside if you need a pit stop on a ride. I saw a brand that make a “hidden” slot for those occasions, but not about the quality.
Old 01-02-21, 05:29 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 1,045 Posts
Cold Weather: Synthetics not necessarily spandex but usually elastic of some sort. Don't forget women's fleece leggings as your first layer when its cold (very economical). Some times a Wrestling Singlet is much cheaper than a Bike Bib (you can always sew a zipper into them). Ya gotta have a thin cotton layer in there somewhere.

Warm Weather: Spandex under Off Road shorts.

I don't know about you but the last thing people wanna see is me in tight spandex top or bottom, so I wear cotton over my bike shorts.
Old 01-06-21, 04:36 PM
hcgaloi

Bikes: Spcialized RockHopper (free) 1992 Trek T100 Tandem ($220) 2006 Quintana Roo Seduza ($350) 2016 Giant Fastroad ($1100)

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I buy cycling outfits from wish.com for around $40 per set.