Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Fantasy Tour de France + general TdF discussion...

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Fantasy Tour de France + general TdF discussion...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-19, 05:19 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked 3,112 Times in 1,682 Posts
super predictable last few daze at le tour. the acid queen is picking gaudu for the truncated stage twenty win but anticipating everyone and their mother's brother in a massive break.
thinking alaphilippe attacks/covers, climbs the mountain and we get excitement at his feet while he saves his podium place. egan's momms comes through to preserve the yellow jersey
for, well, egan. mudslides aren't any fun unless we've got ann margaret to show us the possibilities...
Old 07-27-19, 10:03 AM
dstrong 

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Interloc Impala, ParkPre Image C6

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 56 Posts
No real fireworks for this final stage...good on Nibali to get the stage win and also to Alaphilippe for hanging on to a top 5 position. I'll go with Sagan for the win tomorrow and Bernal/one4smoke in Yellow at the end!

2014 Specialized Roubaix2003 Interloc Impala2007 ParkPre Image C6 (RIP)

Old 07-27-19, 03:15 PM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
Originally Posted by dstrong
No real fireworks for this final stage...good on Nibali to get the stage win and also to Alaphilippe for hanging on to a top 5 position. I'll go with Sagan for the win tomorrow and Bernal/one4smoke in Yellow at the end!
While that would be nice, ol’ Flip flop has just too much fire power (a.k.a.. sprinters) in his arsenal for me to be numero uno after the finale. At least two more than I have.

I can take pride in being on the very top after all the stages before the parade lap tomorrow. And maybe, just maybe be the highest finisher that didn’t make any transfers, after tomorrow.

It it was super fun. I love almost every day being “race day” for 3 weeks. Usually, there’s only one race day per week, and that’s either Saturday or Sunday.

Last edited by one4smoke; 07-27-19 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-27-19, 04:52 PM
gpsblake
Walmart bike rider

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 24 Posts
In the end, even without the traditional cycling train. Team Sky Team Ineos finishes 1-2 except a non-Anglophile has finally won the event.

I have no idea what Ineos does or sells.
Old 07-27-19, 05:13 PM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 471 Posts
Ineos - The Word for Chemicals

Wow incredible day for Egan. Yellow, White, and if he wanted it the Polka dot jersey. Only 8 points down from Bardet! 22 years old, the first Columbian to win!

Alaphilippe was so incredible. Caleb Ewans awesome second sprint win. Sagan doing constant wheelies. Quintana's flyer. Bardet salvaging a jersey. Rigo looking in great form.

This was a great tour, enjoyed it. Looking forward to the Vuelta so I can spew more pro-EF verbage. Will spend more time researching if you do another fantasy escapade.
Old 07-27-19, 07:59 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 592 Times in 453 Posts
For my own flailing grabs at points, I would love Ewan and Bling to go 1-2 on the Champs.

I fear the freshly de-yellowed Wolf Pack will want another score and will put Viviani in perfect position. But can he close the deal?

I'm going with GV, Ewan, Sagan, Colbrelli, Viviani, Trentin, Pasqualon, Matthews, Bo-hog, Kristoff as my top 10. Fully expecting to get no more than 2 of those slots right.

I think I picked the top 5 GC pretty close a while back. I may have to browse back through my magnificence.

Let's see how this league lurches to a decision.

What a race. And not long to the Vuelta.
Old 07-28-19, 02:46 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Originally Posted by GrainBrain
Ineos - The Word for Chemicals

Wow incredible day for Egan. Yellow, White, and if he wanted it the Polka dot jersey. Only 8 points down from Bardet! 22 years old, the first Columbian to win!

Alaphilippe was so incredible. Caleb Ewans awesome second sprint win. Sagan doing constant wheelies. Quintana's flyer. Bardet salvaging a jersey. Rigo looking in great form.

This was a great tour, enjoyed it. Looking forward to the Vuelta so I can spew more pro-EF verbage. Will spend more time researching if you do another fantasy escapade.
it was a great tdf. and yes...i think escapade is possibly the best word to describe the fantasy stuff around here. caper and hijinks also work.
Old 07-28-19, 02:46 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

stage twenty-one...ewan.
Old 07-28-19, 10:34 AM
dstrong 

Originally Posted by one4smoke
While that would be nice, ol’ Flip flop has just too much fire power (a.k.a.. sprinters) in his arsenal for me to be numero uno after the finale. At least two more than I have.

I can take pride in being on the very top after all the stages before the parade lap tomorrow. And maybe, just maybe be the highest finisher that didn’t make any transfers, after tomorrow.

It it was super fun. I love almost every day being “race day” for 3 weeks. Usually, there’s only one race day per week, and that’s either Saturday or Sunday.
Flip Flop will be relegated for using PETs (Performance Enhancing Transfers).

Old 07-28-19, 12:23 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3897 Post(s)
Liked 4,829 Times in 2,228 Posts
Originally Posted by GrainBrain
Wow incredible day for Egan. Yellow, White, and if he wanted it the Polka dot jersey. Only 8 points down from Bardet! 22 years old, the first Columbian to win!<br /><br />Alaphilippe was so incredible. Caleb Ewans awesome second sprint win. Sagan doing constant wheelies. Quintana's flyer. Bardet salvaging a jersey. Rigo looking in great form.<br /><br />This was a great tour, enjoyed it. Looking forward to the Vuelta so I can spew more pro-EF verbage. Will spend more time researching if you do another fantasy escapade.
<br /><br /><br />I agree with these sentiments. <br />I'll add, even with an Ineos 1-2 it was the most exciting Tour in ages. The team pays more riders more $$$ than other teams, talent seeks remuneration. They pay to win.<br />Especially liked that there were many race winners. <br /><br /><br />It would have been an Epic TdF, except for the impassable mountain roads on 19&amp;20. Not saying it changed the final order...… who knows? But Fair is Fair.

edit - 5 more laps in Paris and then the annual epic sprint. Fun to watch.

Last edited by Wildwood; 07-28-19 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-28-19, 05:21 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

I think the results are in!

Well played, @one4smoke. I am pleasantly surprised to be the G to your Eganificence in our little league. We can lord it over the lesser folk. And the transferrors. With extreme prejudice.

I kept looking at Movistar scoring you points, but in the final stats, J-V scored 2nd best in the teams. Behind Trek - who'd a thunk it? And Jasper Stuyvens, the little incognito scoring machine. Had I picked him over Adam Yates (who is now dead to me), I would be downright unbearable.

Quirky little league. Back to Velogames for la Vuelta? I dunno! Now that ASO owns that, too, perhaps they'll stay on the warpath. I hope not.

As for the stage 21 results - wow, Colbrelli and Matthews both present if not exactly well placed in the end after their late mishaps. Plus Bonifazio - oh, so close, I'm sure he had a little chub in his pale blue Total kit before he got bookended by little black/yellow and red/white blurs in the last few meters. Another time, lad. Pro Continental dreams!
Old 07-29-19, 02:54 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

the results are definitely in. one4smoke with team Riders On The Storm takes the tdf "w." slcbob with team "X Merckx The Spot" earns a well-deserved silver medal
and dstrong with team "Another year" completes the podium. congrats and kudos to everyone that played, "podiumed" and survived the new format! as slcbob alluded earlier...
hoping the usual game site is in place for the vuelta. i actually like the "salary cap" of the velogames vehicle. hope to see y'all in less than a month for la vuelta!
Old 07-29-19, 07:10 AM
dstrong 

Good times! Congrats to O4S for the win and slcbob for last day heroics to move ahead of me. Looking forward to the Vuelta!

Old 07-29-19, 10:05 AM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Super fun the last 3 weeks! I’m already having race withdrawals...
Thanks to all you guys for making it even more enjoyable. A special thanks to @ooga-booga for heading up this little challenge, and giving all of us competitive alpha males something extra to get excited about. Looking forward to the Vuelta.

Also looking forward to actually riding with some of you guys one day where things can really get competitive and fun. Hopefully, before I’m too old to give anyone a run for their money.

Speaking of old... congrats to @slcbob for a hard fought 2nd place. I can tell you’re one tenacious son-of-Sam.
Old 07-29-19, 10:17 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Deft backhander there. Get off my lawn!!

Hasta Salinas de Torrevieja.
Old 07-30-19, 12:25 PM
SpinClassSara

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Alpha males? What about the girls here? I also had a good time!
Old 07-30-19, 02:28 PM
one4smoke

Originally Posted by SpinClassSara
Maybe I should’ve said “alpha personalities.”

Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Old 07-30-19, 03:33 PM
DLBroox

Bikes: Bianchi San Jose, Dahon Mu Uno, Origami Wasp

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by SpinClassSara
Me too sister!
Old 07-30-19, 04:55 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Which team in our little league were you, Sara?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be the Aggie that finished in front of @ooga-booga!

Old 07-30-19, 05:13 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

surprised i finished as high as i did. always do better at the giro and the vuelta. glad to have this hot mess in july over. looking for the giro/vuelta double.
Old 07-30-19, 06:45 PM
one4smoke

Originally Posted by ooga-booga
surprised i finished as high as i did. always do better at the giro and the vuelta. glad to have this hot mess in july over. looking for the giro/vuelta double.
You know if Sagan will be in the Vuelta? I've read conflicting reports.
Old 07-30-19, 07:20 PM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

gawd...no idear. he did it last year and stayed forever after i expected him to bounce after stage 8, 9 or 20 for the worlds. bennett's been awfully awfully quiet so
assuming he's riding the vuelta but haven't looked at the stages lately to evaluate. then there's ackermann...count 'em...bora (still..i think) has three world-class sprinters on their
team. this aggression will not stand, man.

Last edited by diphthong; 07-31-19 at 02:19 AM.
Old 07-31-19, 02:17 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Originally Posted by slcbob
I think the results are in!

Well played, @one4smoke. I am pleasantly surprised to be the G to your Eganificence in our little league. We can lord it over the lesser folk. And the transferrors. With extreme prejudice.

I kept looking at Movistar scoring you points, but in the final stats, J-V scored 2nd best in the teams. Behind Trek - who'd a thunk it? And Jasper Stuyvens, the little incognito scoring machine. Had I picked him over Adam Yates (who is now dead to me), I would be downright unbearable.

Quirky little league. Back to Velogames for la Vuelta? I dunno! Now that ASO owns that, too, perhaps they'll stay on the warpath. I hope not.

As for the stage 21 results - wow, Colbrelli and Matthews both present if not exactly well placed in the end after their late mishaps. Plus Bonifazio - oh, so close, I'm sure he had a little chub in his pale blue Total kit before he got bookended by little black/yellow and red/white blurs in the last few meters. Another time, lad. Pro Continental dreams!
yes yesss. in theaters again this summer. i can smell the popcorn and victory...

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/28/apo...now-final-cut/
Old 07-31-19, 03:19 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

^ never get off the [bike].
Old 07-31-19, 02:03 PM
SpinClassSara

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
Which team in our little league were you, Sara?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be the Aggie that finished in front of @ooga-booga!

Sorry to disappoint. First of all, I'm American.

2ndly - I entered a fantasy league from one of the phone apps I use. I didn't enter here - I just enjoyed the conversation.

NEXT YEAR, WATCH OUT THO !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.