Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Olympics 2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-17, 07:29 AM
zizou

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
There was a photo essay in the guardian last month about that and all the venues in the Olympic park have been closed since the Paralympics apart from the tennis arena which hosted a beach volleyball tournament
Old 08-18-17, 02:29 PM
Poppit

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Shoot, we've only got one left! Becky James: Cyclist 'excited' about future after announcing retirement - BBC Sport
Old 08-19-17, 11:56 PM
Clythio

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 700wheel
What is the status of the Rio track? Is it used for track events or is it abandoned like many other facilities?
We raced there last week of May. 110+ entries, several cats, 2 days full competition.
I raced 40+ masters even being 59.
2nd on 500TT (50+) and 3th at Keirin (40+).

There were a group of locals (Rio de Janeiro, I live 400km far, in São Paulo) sharing basic maintenance costs, keeping track stuff/bikes at an organized room, and training 4x week.
Full aircond is on all the time 24/7 since the games end.

There's also an official organization in charge of taking care of all the olympic legacy, but there isn't a structured use plan or something we'd expect as natural after such investments. It's name is AGLO.

Unfortunately, a month ago a stupid recreational lantern (like Chinese stuff, but much, very much bigger) felt into the roof starting a fire that damaged 1/5 of the roof isolation but the track and all the structure remained intact.
Track is protected from rain, waiting for the roof be repaired.

We, Brazilian track lovers, are trying to do our best to keep the velodrome alive.
Old 08-22-17, 10:38 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
@Clythio, I hope (along with many others, I'm sure) you are able to keep that beautiful velodrome alive!