Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Was wondering why I could get a wahoo kickr

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 08-11-20, 09:08 PM
Bikerdrummer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 23 Posts

Hi-
I was trying to get a wahoo kickr but they didn’t have any left on their website over the last week.

So I tried to get one on eBay and kept getting outbid. I assumed more people are trying to get one due to Covid and the fall approaching so short supply.

The company didn’t seem to announce a new version coming out but they released the new version 5 today. I luckily ordered one as I assume once news hits they will be sold out quickly.

There are already a couple reviews on YouTube.

I found a used all city mr pink for $950 that I’ll be using for the trainer. Excited to see more reviews come out this week.

Last edited by Bikerdrummer; 08-11-20 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-12-20, 11:02 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3649 Post(s)
Liked 5,382 Times in 2,732 Posts
I hope it works out for you. I've mentioned in another thread that mine died during initial setup. I had read the horror stories and decided to order from REI even though it cost a little more and I had to pick it up at the store to avoid $ shipping. Easy return, the REI guys even took it out of my car and lugged it into the store. Hope this new version corrects some issues, I'd still like to try one someday.
Old 08-12-20, 12:42 PM
Bikerdrummer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
I hope it works out for you. I've mentioned in another thread that mine died during initial setup. I had read the horror stories and decided to order from REI even though it cost a little more and I had to pick it up at the store to avoid $ shipping. Easy return, the REI guys even took it out of my car and lugged it into the store. Hope this new version corrects some issues, I'd still like to try one someday.

yea, saw past reviews about issues. I’ll assume the new version has got rid of any bugs.

I was considering a whole wahoo bike but for $3,500 you can buy the kickr plus buy a $2,000 bike for it and then you have an extra bike!! I actually bought a used green mr pink which will stay on the wahoo for the most part. Seems like with the Zwift it should be fun.