Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

First Half-Century - Followed by a Blackout!

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

First Half-Century - Followed by a Blackout!

Old 08-05-20, 10:48 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6163 Post(s)
Liked 4,782 Times in 3,300 Posts
I don't have this issue after rides either. It is more when I've not ridden in a while and sitting around then suddenly standing. Not to the point of fainting though. I do have a history of syncope. My BP is almost always normal but my diastolic is many times in the 60's and sometimes lower.

It is something that needs to be discussed with a doctor. After 50 y.o. and certainly by 60 y.o ...... IMO......we should have a half dozen doctors specializing in different fields on our list for regular checkups and maintenance.
Old 08-06-20, 06:52 PM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
Happens to me too. The only time I've hit the floor was immediately following an easy 10 mile ride with a friend. I felt funny and put down my glass of lemonade - and the next thing I knew I was on one knee. After MANY periods of thing going white but not falling down, I finally stopped taking my lisinipril in hot weather, and when it's over 85F I stand up more slowly.
Old 08-07-20, 11:24 AM
washed up

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
I notice you said you recently dropped 50 lbs but no mention of being on blood pressure pills. I had the same problem after weight loss and the Dr needed to stop the blood pressure pills. If you are not on BP meds then completely ignore my irrelevant comment.
Likes For washed up: