Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hi from Los Angeles, Calfornia

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-19, 10:13 PM
nervgs

Bikes: Giant Defy Composite 0, Bridgestone RB-1 (and a spare unbuilt frame), Masi Gran Criterium & Prestige, Specialzed (3Rensho) Allez, KTM Strada SL aero (frame + fork), Freschi Super Criterium (frame + fork), a 50-60's era Follis (frame + fork)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

I posted for the first time in the mechanics thread earlier this week regarding a wheel issue I had (I thankfully found the parts I was missing) and had an issue trying to attach photos due to my non-existent post count. I thought I should be more active now instead of lurking some threads once every few months.... The last time I was engaged in a forum seems like 10 years ago or so when I was more active and into cars. I feel old now.

I guess as in introduction, I created this account about 8 months or so in 2014 when I started riding and getting into bikes, though never used the profile after..... Started with a brand new carbon Giant Defy Composite 0 (with Di2!) for my first bike (yes, I went in DEEP) and slowly started to work my way backwards in regards to bike tech and materials; a year later I found myself with about 4 or more older steel bikes, 3 of them with friction shifters. I still do like to see what's new on the market and am always interested in what can be faster than what I currently own, but I'm pretty much married to steel frames. Fastest I averaged was riding from Los Angeles to San Diego at about 18.5 mph over 128 miles on my '82 Specialized Allez - I think I could had been faster if I didn't meet up with a group of friends at the 89 mile mark in San Clemente (my average was 19.5 mph at that point), and had to wait for 2 others in Oceanside and rode very slowly to Carlsbad with them to meet with others. At this point, that bike is probably my overall favorite as it seems I can all day and everyday on that thing with no issues. It's comfortable, feels fast, handles well, and is a looker if you know what to check out - to everyone else it's a old red piece of junk and that's 100% fine to me as it's very unassuming and that's how I like to roll.

With that said, I'll probably be hanging around the Classic and Vintage forum, though will venture out if something catches my attention. I would like to get into mountain biking and CX riding sooner or later - I'm only road riding right now.

I occasionally ride with the vintage group in Pasadena when I'm able to. Other than that, I'm mostly solo unless I'm riding in San Diego with a few friends (and that hasn't been as much these last couple of years).

-glenn
Old 03-29-19, 03:17 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,436 Times in 818 Posts
Welcome to bike forums. C & V is my favorite. I am in the process of doing my first re-build, a 1991 Ochsner steel frame road. It is in the shop to be powder coated and I hope to have it back my Monday. The incredible restorations that are seen in the forums are truly an inspiration.
Old 03-29-19, 05:46 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,594 Times in 3,781 Posts
Welcome!

I purchased my first Di2 bike last summer and I love it. I love my vintage steel bikes, too!
Old 03-30-19, 05:50 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
Welcome! We're here to serve!

Old 03-30-19, 07:02 AM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11401 Post(s)
Liked 4,756 Times in 2,766 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums, nervgs!
Old 03-30-19, 05:13 PM
nervgs

Bikes: Giant Defy Composite 0, Bridgestone RB-1 (and a spare unbuilt frame), Masi Gran Criterium & Prestige, Specialzed (3Rensho) Allez, KTM Strada SL aero (frame + fork), Freschi Super Criterium (frame + fork), a 50-60's era Follis (frame + fork)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you everyone!

-glenn