Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

LEZYNE SUPER GPS New Software Update Avaliable

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 08-15-19, 09:28 AM
Scooty Puff Jr

Bikes: I'm a Flatbar Guy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

They just released a new update 8/13 for the Year 10 Super GPS and I also think year 9. The last update was a complete fail, I couldn't get my computer to pair with my phone and couldn't get phone notifications at all. I was close to pitching it in the trash because it was basically turned into a speedometer with a clock and that was it. The new update seems to have corrected these issues, I now can easily pair my phone again and now get all phone notifications.
Old 08-15-19, 09:43 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooty Puff Jr
They just released a new update 8/13 for the Year 10 Super GPS and I also think year 9. The last update was a complete fail, I couldn't get my computer to pair with my phone and couldn't get phone notifications at all. I was close to pitching it in the trash because it was basically turned into a speedometer with a clock and that was it. The new update seems to have corrected these issues, I now can easily pair my phone again and now get all phone notifications.
Just checked the website, nothing for year 9. Last update was December 2016.

Lezyne's complete abandonment of the Year 9 units was a slap in the face to early adopters and is a huge reason why I went to Wahoo and will never pass up an opportunity to badmouth Lezyne whenever the chance presents itself.
Old 08-15-19, 12:07 PM
Scooty Puff Jr

Bikes: I'm a Flatbar Guy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
Just checked the website, nothing for year 9. Last update was December 2016.

Lezyne's complete abandonment of the Year 9 units was a slap in the face to early adopters and is a huge reason why I went to Wahoo and will never pass up an opportunity to badmouth Lezyne whenever the chance presents itself.
I hear ya, like many other software based electronics, once the company quits supporting their products they turn to bricks and door stops basically. I would never buy another Lezyne product, but for now, the one I have is working like it should again, and I will probably never try to update it again either.
Likes For Scooty Puff Jr:
Old 08-15-19, 12:33 PM
Reynolds 531 

Bikes: a few that I can't recall

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 287 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by Scooty Puff Jr
I would never buy another Lezyne product
I will never buy any Lezyne GPS again, nor their incredibly inaccurate pumps, or lights that quit in the middle of a ride, or anything. Cheap China crap, with no support.
Likes For Reynolds 531:
Old 08-15-19, 05:13 PM
lightbulbjim
U*icyclist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Reynolds 531
I will never buy any Lezyne GPS again, nor their incredibly inaccurate pumps, or lights that quit in the middle of a ride, or anything. Cheap China crap, with no support.
YMMV. I have two of their pumps, two of their lights and a Y10 Super GPS. I'm pretty happy with them all (OK, I wish the GPS was a little less chunky but it's tough and has good battery life).

If Y10 support was dropped tomorrow I would still be happy with it. It would still work.

The bugs I've encountered have all been Bluetooth related (again, YMMV). I've encountered similar bugs with Garmin and Wahoo computers, which I also own.

I don't have any particular company loyalty, but I also don't have any particular company disloyalty.
Old 08-20-19, 02:22 AM
bhugh

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
FWIW I've been having trouble loading long turn-by-turn routes for a while now (I know you could probably never load like a 500 mile route, but I swear until just a few months ago I could load 60, 80, 120 mile routes without much trouble. Lately some 40-mile routes won't even go.)

Mostly I make routes on RideWithGPS and then download as .tcx, upload to Lezyne Root website, transfer to the device. After much experimentation I figured out that long/complex .tcx files just don't work with the devices right now. So I made a little utility to auto-prune and split the .tcx files so that they become manageable for the Lezyne units. It's a free utility and you can check it out here:

github.com/bhugh/tcxprune/releases

(can't post URLs yet, so you'll have to copy/paste if you want to check it out.)