Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

90’s Bianchi Campione rebuild

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-19, 10:35 AM
Jd512k

Bikes: Bianchi Sempre Pro & Binanchi Campione del Mondo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Excited about this project. Bought my son the same bike many years ago when he was in high school. He competed in a couple local races with it & rode the wheels off the bike throughout college (in Portland). He’s now graduated from college and living in Arizona. Surprised him when I moved his earthly possessions down to AZ for him.. prior to delivering his belongings to him, had his bike completely gone through front to back, top to bottom, tuned, tires, wrap, detailed, etc. He loves that bike, as does his father (me), so when I found one almost identical to his on eBay... immediately bought it! It was in rough shape, overpaid for sure, but quite happy with the purchase as I am completely restoring it and excited to see the vision I have for this bike come to reality. Once completed, he and I will take our matching Bianchi’s out for a long ride together.

This is my first bike build/project, so learning as I go. Hopefully, with help/advice from you all here on the forum, I won’t make too many disastrous mistakes!

Here are some pictures.
Son’s 90’s Bianchi Campione Del Mondo

Surprised son in AZ with his cleaned up, tuned bike with new tires and wrap.

My eBay purchase/restoration project. 55cm, ‘98 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo.

Complete tear down, lots of parts ordered and a lot more needed. To date: Mirage 170 triple crankset Mirage Ergo 8 spd shifters Bianchi SPD clipless pedals Avanti 8 spd x 3 FD Vintage Bianchi saddle Bianchi handlebar plugs Bianchi crank dust covers Needed: Campy BB Mirage 8 spd long cage RD Quill Stem Headset Tires Wrap Bianchi decal set(s) Possibly hubs, haven’t decided yet on those...

Last edited by Jd512k; 09-19-19 at 10:44 AM.
Likes For Jd512k:
Old 09-19-19, 01:46 PM
3speedslow

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 1942 Post(s)
Liked 1,068 Times in 636 Posts
So his bike is safely in AZ so you can’t easily sneak down there to borrow that last part you need to complete yours , huh....
Old 09-20-19, 01:29 AM
Jd512k

Bikes: Bianchi Sempre Pro & Binanchi Campione del Mondo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
A
Originally Posted by 3speedslow
So his bike is safely in AZ so you can’t easily sneak down there to borrow that last part you need to complete yours , huh....
At this point I may drive down there and steal the RD off his bike 😁