Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Pedal For Peace NYC

Old 08-31-07, 04:02 PM
Stacy
Car-Free Flatlander

Bikes: Sirrus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pedal For Peace NYC

Just received this via email and thought I'd post it for anyone who might be interested

Stacy

NYC United for Peace and Justice Alert

www.unitedforpeace.org/nyc | 212-868-5545 |

****Please forward widely****

PEDAL FOR PEACE
a fundraising bike ride to benefit NYC-United for Peace and Justice
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2007

Be a Part of the Cycle of Peace with an afternoon bike ride! This will be a family-friendly bike ride starting in Central Park and riding through Harlem coming back to the park by way of Riverside Drive. The route is approximately 20 miles with the option to finish after 10 at the rest stop. Bring the whole family! (Children under 18 ride free.)

Pedal for Peace is NYC-UFPJ?s major fundraiser and hopefully will become an annual event. This is a fun way that you can support the work of NYC?s peace movement by participating and getting sponsors. Our work this fall is critical with concerted legislative pressure in September, a massive regional march in NYC on Oct. 27, working to curb military recruitment in our schools and educate parents about opt-out and helping in the formation of neighborhood peace and justice groups by providing training and resources. This is a great deal of work that needs financial resources.

So please join us on Sept. 23rd for a fun afternoon of cycling. Registration is $40 with a $25 student/low-income fee. Then we are encouraging people to get sponsors and raise additional money. Since 70% of people in this country oppose the war, the likelihood is that most of your friends, co-workers, family and neighbors would be happy to give $10 or $20 or $100 to support our efforts. We hope you will join us in our commitment to end this war!

Click here to register or make a general donation or call: 212-868-5545
SAVE THE DATE:
OCTOBER 27th NYC
A National UFPJ Action Happening in Cities Around the US
Old 09-05-07, 02:37 PM
stevesurf
another cat...FAB!

Bikes: Merlin Ti Build, Trek Y-50, Bianchi Titanium Build, Custom Cuevas Road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^ awesome!
Old 09-06-07, 05:02 AM
lrzipris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd have trouble wearing my lime-green NLG legal observer hat under my cycling helmet!