Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs
Reload this Page >

need help with headrest for recumbent - have fused C spine

Search
Notices
Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs Have a need for adaptive equipment to ride to compensate for a disability or loss of limb or function? This area is for discussion among those of us in the cycling world that are coming back from traumatic circumstances and tell the world, "No, you are not going to beat me down!"

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-14, 11:28 AM
caryncbreeef

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all. I am a bit of a physical mess. fused lumbar, fused C-spine, messed up thoracic and both arms have bad tendons reduced hand strength and terrible pain. got myself two recumbents to try and both are causing me incredible neck pain. I have a Vision Metro R 30 and a Rans no one seems to make a headrest for either one. I built one for the metro but it doesnt give enough support. just wondering if nayone has dealt with this before and has a solution. thanks.
Old 07-26-14, 08:19 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Let me contact some folk I know of at Purdue University. They have a great mechanical engineering program and I may even be able to get them to do it as a class project for you.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Last edited by Tom Stormcrowe; 07-26-14 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-27-14, 04:28 PM
rbscycle

Bikes: Home Built Recumbent & TerraTrike Path

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Perhaps you should try a Trike. More comfortable and a variety of Head Rests available form places like: TerraTrike, Catrike, and Utah Trike.